Fans back in stadiums?

Just shy of 1200. So they would have got around £5600 (700 x £8).

Leigh’s words were “I think we will do better than that” and felt 1,500 was realistic.

1 Like

Me too mate, yeah we have all had that cold thats going about too. Very strange that none of us caught the virus of the missus but then again its been a strange year hopefully 2021 is alot better for all of us.

1 Like

Several days on and I’m still occasionally chuckling about a “ballet of season ticket holders” :joy:

2 Likes

Morecambe 0 Cambridge 5

Will be even easier for them next home game.

Not sure I buy the whole test theory, Deaths are now starting to increase and likewise across Europe.

1 Like

Interesting how much the club open up.

Looking at Boro and Norwich and they just had all the fans in one group in one of the touchline stands. No one behind either goal.

Whereas Forest Green had fans in all three stands I could see on camera.

Think fans will just go in the community stand as putting them in tile coach lower and probably some idiot will try to get on the pitch after a goal is scored as frequently happened in normal times.

Yeah, I think we should be picking so many from each stand so staff in all stands can get to grips on how it actually works with fans coming in but can also see why they would only want to open one stand.

I still haven’t been told where I’ll be sitting on the eticketing site, I know a lot from my block who have been moved to the away end though and I put that as my second choice so we’ll see.

1 Like

I’ve been moved from upstairs to the halfway line in the family stand.

But that’s based upon the 3,200 capacity that the club were working to for the beginning of October. Doubt we’ll get there anytime soon to be honest.

I’m a bit bewildered as to why yesterday’s experiments are being described as going well. Of course they went well. Covid has an incubation period, people weren’t about to start dropping in their seats. And a mere 1,000 folk from a cross section of the support base weren’t going to start any mischievous moves on social distancing.

If the pilots continue I’d be amazed if we were turned down. Our ground is made for social distancing in a location where interaction with the local community is minimal.

4 Likes

Pretty sure I seen a report on the Charlton pilot, it showed fans queuing in large congregations outside the stands.

Looked stupid to me :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Starmer at the Bezzla, nice bit of kudos for the club’s efforts.

2 Likes

And he’s obviously a left footer from the photo …

1 Like

I think he is left on everything mate :smile:

2 Likes

Looking like there is going to be a pause in supporters going back to the football.

Not to worry though, we can still all go to the pub, go to the park, go shopping, go to work, go on public transport, meet up with six others…

Just not in a football stadium though.

1 Like

At this minute the match I’m going to in the FA Cup is still on tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing fatty Steve Mcnulty in the flesh, wearing shorts. I would imagine he’s in a high risk group? :pig_nose:

1 Like

Not so sure- even Whitty said yesterday the virus spreads more easily in doors. What possible reason is there for not allowing socially distanced crowds at outside sporting events?

2 Likes

Gove just said it’s not happening. Said he knows what it’s like at a game as he’s been to acPremiership game. What has that got to do with League 1 and below?
Totally different …

3 Likes

They haven’t got a scooby. Seems just like draw a new regulation out of a hat. Pubs closing at 10pm for an example, that will save us all. If anything it will force more people in to the pub at the same time, compromising the measures they had put in place.

Getting fans back in to football grounds isn’t even on their radar, if we aren’t ready now it is going to be at the earliest Spring next year. May be too late by then.

4 Likes

They simply don’t care or, probably more likely, understand football.

Look at this photo of Matt Hancock trying to play football. This is the bloke in charge of trying get our game back up and running…

3 Likes

■■■■■■

2 Likes
1 Like