Fans back in stadiums?

To be fair at current levels, they won’t be making that much interest.

At the moment banks are just like free storage facilities. Just kind of sticking your money in a warehouse rather than you needing to keep it in a plastic bag under the stairs. Obviously with inflation, it just gets worth a little bit less every day.

I’ve been social distancing at Saddlers’ home games for years!

5 Likes

through choice ? :joy: :wink:

1 Like

ProfessorPeach:
Feel your pain David. I’m glad that my 8 years spent in the USA came to an end before Trump got in. I can only imagine that it’s hell over there at the mo!

Yes, Professor. It’s pretty rough over here at the moment. No leadership from Washington or from the Republican governors in some southern states who are blindly loyal to the President.
I don’t get why people are so scared of him, his only real power is to cut off federal funds to the states who are not compliant, that has to be approved by Congress.
The only thing Donald Trump cares about is Donald Trump! Not the economy, the American people, his family snd certainly not COVID -19.
He’s a pathological liar, a bigot, misogynistic and a sociopath. He’s really done some serious damage to this country since he’s been in office, another term would be something the might not recover from.
We don’t want another person who over promises and under delivers in charge of this country again.

Where did you live in the States?
David

2 Likes

I’d be amazed if he gets in for a 2nd term. Still, there are plenty of folks that think he’s doing a great job, unfortunately. We have a similar issue with Johnson…
I used to live in Greenville, SC. Not far from the Blue Ridge Mountains. All over a nice place to live once you get used to the summer heat & humidity (& tornado warnings!).

1 Like

Were were in Alabama for 3 years in the 90’s. Proper Trump territory.
Humidity was horrendous in the summer.

1 Like

Gentlemen,

You don’t know what heat and humidity is until you’ve lived in Texas.
We’ve has triple digit temperatures for the last week with no end in sight.
Air conditioning are two very important words in this state, we would not survive without it.
A lot of Trump supporters are uneducated, white who choose to express extremist views. They hang on to every word he speaks during his long and very boring speeches.
It tells you what kind of person he is conducting political rallies during a pandemic. No thought for those who night be exposed to the virus, it’ll about him and the praise he can inhale from the crowd.
He actually wore a mask yesterday, a black one, reflecting his mood and personality!

1 Like

Only partially! :joy:

1 Like

And those are just his good qualities! :joy:

1 Like

He is growing on me :joy: :wink:

1 Like

One thing lockdown has taught me and hopefully the clubs and governing bodies in football is that football means nothing without supporters in the stadiums . It’s not the same and I don’t even enjoy watching MOTD anymore.

10 Likes

Completely relate to this i have struggled to watch it myself just not the same.

1 Like

Surely he will not get re elected after this will he?

1 Like

I wouldn’t think so mate. He is finished, imho.
The economy is tanking, 20 million unemployed and 135,000 dead since March!
Not his fault, granted, but he’s telling every one we’re doing great and the virus will fade away.
Finally, I think the people are sick and tired of his lies. We’ve had over 3 years of this mental dwarf, I can’t wait until November!
70% of Americans disapprove of the way he’s managed (NOT) COVID-19.
He’s completely buried his head in the sand and denies (of course) he was briefed about in January.
I’ll get off this subject as it has nothing to do with football.
Thanks for letting me vent.

5 Likes

… Probably for the best, was getting a bit salty😂

Wasn’t sure what thread to put this in without opening another

Another good insight and update from LP, DM and SG - LP says season will start between the end of August and 12th September and thinks with the spirit in the club atm we’re ‘on the verge of something a bit special’

DM says Clarke will answer questions about transfers in the £5 Q&A session - I wasn’t going to bother but for a fiver that goes towards the club I’ll be tuning in

1 Like

Interesting article in today’s Times:

" Premier League clubs hope that fans will return when the new season starts in September, though perhaps in limited numbers at the start"

No mention of lower league clubs.

The media are turds. In English football they don’t think it exists below the Premier League.

The EPL sits apart…