FGR game ( Guess the attendance )

I reckon it’ll be a poor showing, I’ll go with 3902.

Think it’s up the regulars ( like myself ) to bring along a family member or friend next Saturday. The club are doing their bit so come on town of Walsall Get down the Banks’s. We’ve waited too long to let this opportunity in our history pass. UTS.

3 Likes

5200 folk are still on holiday i think well get to the 6000 in time but a lot of fans still need convincing.

1 Like

While we are talking about attendances, I think we might well have our biggest home gate for a league game in donkeys years on good Friday next year as long as both clubs are involved in the promotion race, with Plymouth being the visitors, we are their fourth nearest away game I think and they bought close on 2000 for our opening home game last season

1 Like

Not having a go here, but I never understand why “getting carried away” is frowned upon so much. I love getting carried away. Life’s generally a bit of a grind for the vast majority of people, you go to work, pay the bills, go to bed…then you fall in love!!! Suddenly life’s fantastic, you get married and then you…go to work, pay the bills, go to bed, and shag your missus…Then great you have kids!!! Whoo Hoo! Then you go to work, pay the bills, go to bed, get up in the middle of the night to sort the skriking kids out, pay for all their stuff etc etc etc. Then on top of all that you support, in our case Walsall. For God’s sake just get carried away and go with it, if its a false dawn then so be it, it can’t be any worse can it? And imagine if you were the Saddler of 45-50 years standing that didn’t get carried away and just let it go, and this really was the start of something special, how sad would it be if having got carried away over Ramsden, the new ground, Merson, Wembley and all those other things that turned out to be false dawns and then you did that??? I’m carried away, blind faith in fellow Saddlers like Pomlett and this lot, and one day it will all fall into place and it won’t be a rational process. When Bonser was here there was an inevitable rationality because daring to dream was outlawed, now its back, and if truth be told that’s what we all need really, its not about success, its about the hope for success and the pride that goes with genuinely trying to achieve it.

21 Likes

If we had played them with Bonser still in charge I think they would of found there’s no burgers sold at our ground anyway , I mean available after around 2 ish :wink: so they’d of been fine , but if LP has started to get the kiosks in some sort of order i’m not sure what we’ll serve them to eat , or maybe they will all just pig out at the away games , we could make a killing :yum::yum:

What a great post - I agree…

We know that in all reality, moving forward, if we’re lucky and LP is true to his word, we’ll encounter some good times, probably also experience an abundance of mediocrity and then at times (as recently) it’ll be hard to take but overall, that’s what supporting a club like Walsall is all about. it must be coz I’ve had nearly 50 years of it as have many others…:roll_eyes:

That said, we have to get excited at times like these and if we have a good ride along with it then brilliant - no doubt at times we’ll have plenty of ■■■■ happens periods too so let’s enjoy it right now!

3 Likes

4877 including 126 lentil munchers.

3 Likes

…against Forest Green.

I want to carry on the dream after all the good things that have been happening at our club the last few weeks and say we will get the 6K , and please please support the team / club with the same enthusiasm and vocal noise we showed at Northampton how good was that , and you could see it lifted the players , it’s time now to change the level of support to match all the other changes that have gone on …UTS

We’re the super Saddlers
We travel near and far
We’ve got Marcus Stewart
And super Darrell Clarke
The red men from the Bescot
We’ll sing this song for you
And we’ll keep on singing
Until we win league 2
Allez Allez Allez
Get practising for the home game …

4 Likes

Let’s us as supporters make our statement of intent in making Saturday a day of celebration in that the chains of the bonser era have finally been broken…lets all get a friend there and make it like Northampton was another day to remember. UTS

2 Likes

The idea is us to turn up in numbers , not rely on away support , come on guys I know we’ve had it ■■■■ for so long and people are pessimistic , but it’s up to us to change .
Spread the word and encourage new and old support , lets get the place bouncing again like the old days , we’ve proved we can away

3 Likes

I think we should change red men too legends

1 Like

They’ve got to prove it first …:wink:

Going to be difficult to get 6000 then :rofl:

Alot of very different opinions on what the actual attendance will be. We maybe overjoyed or slightly disappointed. But one thing we can all agree on is we have our club back so whatever it’s onwards and upwards. UTS

2 Likes

Captain, my captain…:wink:

5049 with 175 FGRs

Whatever the crowd number, it would be 1 more if only I could get through to the bloody ticket office!

2 Likes

Maybe the surge for tickets has started BeardyBob :+1: