Flynn Hokey Cokey

Its not difficult to conclude that both the board and the manager can take the blame.

It ay rocket science.

Im certain to that the majority of fans would like to see a shake up of the board.

2 Likes

Thing is Ken, how many times can we keep missing out on player A,B or C? Thatā€™s the board and thatā€™s whatā€™s killing us.

1 Like

You donā€™t say! :joy::joy::joy:

Because their funnier than whatever you can muster :joy:

I actually think the recruitment has been decent, just struggling to understand the team selections and the constant tinkering with the formation.

The constant finger pointing in his interviews is getting boring, hes moaning about the wage budget buts it probably his biggest hes had in his career.

Hes maoning about the lack of goals from midfield yet he picks two defensive midfielders with a combined total of 3 career goals.

8 Likes

Itā€™s time for Mole and Gamble to go now. I was o.k with them getting a fresh chance post Bonser in 2019 but three years later and you canā€™t say these two are excelling at their jobs by a long way. Both were happy to do interviews and take part responsibility when Smith had the club in top 2 in league 1 seven long years ago so they need to accept theyā€™re massively part of the issues now with the consequences that will come with it.

Neither will resign so Trivela going to need to take decisions during world cup break imo, I assume theyā€™re doing a six month audit of all operations within club so the 2-3 week break will co-incide with that period.

Look at roll call of decisions post Smith:

Whitney appointed manager. Seems Bonser wanted John to step up and get his chance so guess Mole and Gamble just nodded along to Churchill dog to it. Didnā€™t work.

Keates return. Well intentioned but ultimately well out of his depth as manager at league 1 level, who decided from his interview he was best candidate?

Who made the call to get in a DOF and Fullerton?!

Three big calls that meant this club is now pretty much a bottom 6 in league two nowadays so the hierarchy at top must accept responsibility and at least Trivela can get in their own men and see if they can do any better.

6 Likes

How is it decent? We have one striker on loan and thatā€™s it, the players we actually own havenā€™t scored a goal.

1 Like

I know.

Yep especially in attacking positions. They literally can be the difference between promotion and mediocrity.

I would guess that the recruitment policy is very rigid with strict salary bands for certain types of players. Which of course means the manager will never really get what he wants.

1 Like

Itā€™s amazing what plucky, backs to the wall robbeā€¦sorry wins at Newport can do to peopleā€™s minds sometimes. :wink:

1 Like

It is! And itā€™s amazing what a few weeks of poor performances, despite injuries and underrecruitment can do to others! :wink:

1 Like

Just imagine January 2023 when Johnson is recalled and we are left with Timmy, Williams and DJT up front.

2 Likes

I think Williams is o.k but heā€™s just been signed a few seasons too late, heā€™d have been ideal coming down in summer 2019 for example and wouldā€™ve been a terrific foil for Adebayo but someone like Gaffney was signed insteadā€¦ :joy:

Remember when he signed though and people genuinely thought heā€™d be starting 40 games this season. So options could be even worse if DJ hadnā€™t been sourced at 11th hour.

You can add the youth strikers to Osei Yaw, Reid, George hall of infamy tbh. Iā€™d rate Scrimmy better than a few of them and heā€™s now in non league I think so thatā€™s where a few of those are heading.

Just imagine 2030 when our 22nd manager of the Pomlett, Gamble & Mole era is coming under pressure after a ā€˜takeoverā€™ from an Iranian Gin Business is falling apart

Chapter 14 of giving it a good go. Its all the managers fault ay it! Keeps dissing the players in public :rofl:

When someone takes over a company they sometimes keep some of the old guard around short term to help themselves settle in until they get a chance to find out whatā€™s what and the credentials of the previous Board.

I hope that the longer they are here the sooner they will realise how bad the current Board is and let them go and get their own people in.

I think the fact that the SLO has a twitter name ā€œLittle Old Walsallā€ tells you all you need to know about the mentality of the Board.

As for Flynn hinting he may not have been able to land some of his transfer targets - I would think that many managers in Division 4 have that experience.

UP THE SADDLERS

5 Likes

Think thereā€™s a difference between questioning the manager and calling for him to go.

Iā€™m questioning some decisions and demeanour but not in the ā€œcalling for his headā€ camp. Get a new manager in, a few positive results, meander to end of season, rebuild again, rinse and repeat. Itā€™s getting boring and frustrating.

Iā€™m questioning Flynnā€™s ability to influence a match through changes (for all his relative L2 experience, seems very similar to Taylor in this regard), comments seemingly questioning players attitude and desire - players he bought in supposedly with those attributes at the forefront and and the constant deflection onto injuries/budget.

Iā€™m not sure what his style is or what heā€™s asking certain players to do. Yes, we have a big injury list but there worryingly again seems an apathy to losing, no desire or willingness to just show some pride and someone sticking their head above the parapet to drag a result out of the team.

I just want to see decent football where we go at teams, especially at home. I want players who work hard and get me off my seat (in encouragement, not despair). Since our relegation to L2, this has been desperately lacking.

Flynn out now? Not for me, iā€™m just as sick of this cycle of appoint, rebuild, sack. I wasnā€™t expecting miracles this season but I was expecting a difference in attitude and how we play.

I have a scale - if i feel how i felt coming out of Glanford Park last season, that for me is the point of no return for Flynn. Heā€™s not there yet.

4 Likes

This is a very decent squad for league 2.

7 Likes

Are you Dan or Stefan? Time to own up

Wilkinson is long term injured mate? And I donā€™t see that midfield working in a million years.

My point being money has been spent on the squad this season injured players or not thats a good squad for league 2, you still have to pay a players wages injured or not.

I agree, my son and I were at Scunny that night. It was another story of not taking our chances early on and then not knowing how to break down 10 men in the second half. The drive home was very quiet borne of despair. I believe Flynn will sort things out and have us climbing the table soon. Thereā€™s a lot of talent in the squad. Patience and confidence are key.

2 Likes