Forest Green (A) Feb 8th, 3pm

I would bring on Nolan and especially Holden after 60 minutes and try and be a wee bit more expansive.

Holden was our best player last week but Guthrie can slow the game down and pick out a pass for our willing runners up front.

I’d take a nil-nil now because we need to stop the rot; however, I’d love a 1-0 smash and grab Chris Nicholl esque away performance because the team play less nervously away from the Banks’s.

I would try and retain much of the team from last week, especially in defence, because Forest Green are a dangerous team and keeping it tight early doors is imperative.

I fancy Gordon to add to his hat trick from earlier on in the season against the veggies though…

It doesn’t matter whether Tinkerman picks what his badges believe are his strongest team in training, or whether he just picks names out of a hat, we’ll still lose. 2-0. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sheron in goal…

1 Like

McDonald on the bench. 4-3-1-2 with no wingers? Or Sheron dropping into a back 5 with Pring and Facey as WBs?

Sinclair for Mac Donald the only change in the starting eleven…no idea what the system is though.

That’s the thing - even if he picks a starting XI that you agree with, it doesn’t mean they will actually play in the positions you would expect. Has anyone correctly second-guessed any of his selections yet this season?

You mean in-off his bum as he races toward the corner flag and tackles himself!

Match live on WM , now why could that be ?

L.Roberts; Facey, Scarr, Sadler, Pring; Sinclair, Kinsella, Sheron; Holden, Gordon, Lavery

Substitutes: Rose; Norman, Jules; Guthrie, Nolan, McDonald; Adebayo

Kinsella, Sheron and Sinclair is an attacking midfield to get even the most dour of supporters excited!

It’s a team completely lacking any pace in midfield,

1 Like

Bates not even on the bench.

Assuming that’s a wind up

Annoyed about Wes being dropped.

I have to question Clarke’s man management skills.

McDonald was off form last week, granted, but he is an ace in the pack and we need to get his confidence up so he can hurt the opposition. Instead, he is treated like a naughty schoolboy…

#clueless

Well I would guess it is the most attractive fixture of the day…oh wait a minute it is the only fixture of the day!!!

Hopefully I’m wrong and we play beautiful free flowing attacking football .

1 Like

Nor Sam Perry . Ridiculous

His team selections really are a lucky dip ain’t they sometimes I question what planet Mr Clarke is on.

3 Likes

And you don’t know why. Injury, drop of form, deported from the team, some behind the scene problems, or generally footy became a nuisance for him. Or something else, training without gel for example. I hate guessing games.

Why persevere with the likes of Sheron and Guthrie when by his own admission the season is over , surely it’s the perfect scenario to give the young players some experience .

1 Like

Good to see we have Guthrie on the bench as well. If we’re chasing the game, we can bring him on for one of his sparkling and dynamic cameo appearances.

3 Likes