Former players - where are they now?

It’s a shame he didn’t react to anything when the football match was going on.

Listen, I don’t agree with abusing players, or anyone for that matter. I have seen a lot of posts written about what happened that day at Accrington, some who weren’t even at the game.

I was there with my Wife, we both watched what happened. It wasn’t just the fact we lost it was the manner of it. So little effort from most of the players with a few exceptions. Effort is a minimum requirement.

At the end of the game there were a lot of fans singing “You’re not fit to wear the shirt” I totally agree with that too, they were a disgrace. Cook was the one who came over offering fans out for a fight and shouting the words "Don’t blame me blame butter fingers (Roberts)

So what was the abuse he was receiving? Anything specific that you saw or heard? I don’t think the bloke was hounded out by fans in the way it is made out. He along with others it must be said dropped his professional standards on the pitch, and didn’t like being called out for it.

8 Likes

I’m a bit older than Scooby - I actually watched the 1966 Final although I don’t remember it. The first World Cup I can remember is 1970 - the England Vs Brazil game was great - we definitely had a better side in 1970 than in 1966. I cried when we lost to W. Germany in the QF - we were the better side. Then 1990 sticks in the mind - the whole Gazza thing - brilliant. And 1996 - I went to the Scotland game - Gazza again - and the SF vs Germany - I’ve never felt so tense at a football match (with the possible exception of Leeds vs Walsall FA Cup replay in 1994 (I think) when we were 2-2 at full time and ended up losing 5-2).

1 Like

I feel like I’m catching you up some days mate :smile:

1 Like

Cooky at Bradford for another 3 years

If that is true (and I have no reason to believe otherwise) then I’m still glad he’s not here.

Not so much the wannabe hard man shit with the fans as I’ve got no problem with players giving a bit back, but the crappy attitude to his team mates. He can score 20 a season but he just seems toxic to a squad if it’s not doing well.

2 Likes

Agree entirely, he was utterly crud, but so were the other 10, the abuse that he was singled out for from a bunch of drunken yobs made me cringe.
Glad he’s no longer with us of course, but no doubt he will still be knocking 'em in for fun for yet another top 7 certainty team next term! Just wish we could possess a forward who could do likewise for us…we just never seem to get theses types of players anymore, unless someone available on loan again…cheap option?

Must be a reason for it the only one i can think of is wages other clubs are willing to take more risks financially while we crow over a 10k operating profit like it really matters that much.

That’s an amazing contract at his age

1 Like

Danny Hay has been appointed head coach of Perth Soccer Club.

https://twitter.com/PerthSoccerClub/status/1663337687879942144

And Darren Bazeley has just guided the NZ under-20s to the World Cup knock-out stages.

1 Like

They should give Bazeley the National team gig full time.

The level of coaching that has come out of Waitakere United from it’s brief existence is something of a Kiwi legacy

Emblen
Hay
Bazeley

All three of them if they choose could succeed at a higher level if given the chance

1 Like

Joe Low called up to the Wales first team for their Euro 2024 qualifiers :smile:

if Joe Low can get an international call up, there’s hope for us all

2 Likes

Guess he’s settled over there but that’s the type of CV that interests me more if emphasis now is on getting coaches who can develop young players so wonder if he might come into contention in next few years.

I thought he was OK and has a lot of promise. He’s only at the start of his career FFS.

2 Likes

Wasnt a fan of him but he did look better under Sadler less hoofing.

1 Like

completely understand that point of view but he was at fault for the first goal against Salford, was at fault for at least 1 of the goals against Crewe and then contributed to Flynn losing the dressing room with his poor attitude. Not to mention his sarcastic clapping towards fans. He’s National league North at best

Give him his due he did improve the last couple of games but by god cant believe he dhows promise

Joe low for wales wow
Is Joe low a lot better than we give him credit for or are wales just that crap and desperate ?

Both, probably. Clearly, experts see something in him but, with the best will in the world, a few games in L2 is no preparation for international football.

I think young, strong, tall centre-backs are in short supply.