Former players - where are they now?

Bradford paper match report suggests O’Donnell could be moving on, Hartlepool possible destination.

When you look at R O’D his career has largely been around this level or league 1.

Shows what a good goalkeeping coach Cutler was. Got O’Donnell into form from being eternal bench warmer to being picked up by Bristol City I think in championship and he had one season there being a regular.

Etheridge well known of course for his rise from subs bench and even Gillespie is now on the bench for Newcastle on occasions despite him being the weakest keeper of that era.

If he’d stayed Roberts probably wouldn’t have declined as much as he did and may well have followed a similar path. Doing well at Northampton by all accounts so he needed a new challenge.

1 Like

Kevin Betsy head of Arsenal u23s!

1 Like

Matt Preston getting plenty to do against West Ham, and plenty of BBC close ups. Doing well so far.

1 Like

Winning 1-0 and so are Plymouth

1 Like

Surprising number of empty seats at Kidder!

2 Likes

Shows pre season means nothing at all…was at Aggborough 6 months back watching an easy 5-0 pre season win when Osadebe was swanning around like peak Sawyers.

Kiddy playing brilliantly so far against a reasonably strong West Ham team.

2 Likes

Preston looks on fire :grinning:

5 Likes

Preston has been excellent so far. We could do with a few Matt Prestons in our team.

3 Likes

And of course Hemmings is not doing too bad

2 Likes

He looks younger now than when he played for US :joy:

2 Likes

The commentators are speaking highly of Kiddie’s attitude. That’s something we don’t have.

2 Likes

We do, but it’s a bad one :grin: :wink:

I read somewhere they doubled the ticket prices. I don’t know if it is true though.

1 Like

https://www.whufc.com/tickets/tickets-information/plan-prices

No I meant Kiddy doubled the prices for today’s game v West Ham. I read it somewhere but I can’t remember where now. I’d hope it isn’t true.

1 Like

It is having problems loading? but ticket prices ranged between £31 and £38

Never understood why we let Preston go the way we did

Youth team captain, was on a low wage and we pissed around for the sake of a couple of hundred quid

Typical Walsall

6 Likes

So unlucky. Preston brilliant

Not at all. At the level we aspired to be at, at that time, he was not good enough and never has been subsequently either. Of course, in retrospect, he’d have been perfectly good enough for a lower end fourth division team.

1 Like