Former players - where are they now?

Kinsella and Cheltenham make it 3 wins on the bounce, even sweeter as it pulls the Vale closer to the drop

15 Likes

That Darrel Clarke ay a bad manager is he ? :smile:

4 Likes

He recognises a League one midfielder when he sees one that’s all.

4 Likes

Yeah :joy::joy::joy:

Are you going senile?

I am “officially old” now you know. :older_man:

1 Like

Obviously knows more than yow :wink:

4 Likes

Jake Jervis nearly signed here one season didn’t he? Sure he was about to but another club came in and he went there instead.

1 Like

That move suits Kins down to the ground really. Clarke will be asking nothing more of him than getting his foot in and making the opposition battle and scrap which you need to do when you’re in a relegation battle.

I was surprised someone like Cheltenham didn’t pick him up in the summer.

3 Likes

:hushed:

3 Likes

Ronan Maher sent off today for Rushall Olympic

Harry Harris sacked by Hednesford Town, bit of a shock, he went into a shit storm there.

Just signed Michael McGrath who was player/manager at Sporting Bromsgrove, wonder what the odds are on him getting the gig :thinking:

Brilliant, thankyou

1 Like

Didn’t realise how in the shit they are

1 Like

There is discussion on another thread about whether Hutchinson is likely to get a move to a Championship club. That made me wonder which are the ex-Walsall midfielders who have left us and gone on to succeed at that high a level.

If I ignore the seasons when we were ourselves playing at the second level the players who come to mind are: Romaine Sawyers, David Preece, Gary Childs, Craig Shakespeare, Ian Handysides, Martin O’Connor, Gary Shelton and Ray Train, but no doubt I have missed a few.

Is Hutchinson on a par with the above?

Not yet for me if he could do it in League one then maybe he would be then.Stockport could come back for him if they go up.

I don’t think he’d get a transfer straight to the championship, but I could see him getting there by being part of a promotion winning league one team.

3 Likes

No, decent League 1 player but Championship is way out of his depth

I think he is as good as some of those players but the second tier is at a higher standard now than it was for most of them, with the possible exception of Sawyers.

Hutchinson had a good game yesterday and even competed physically, which is not his strength. On the ball, he is as good as anyone we have had for a while and he can shoot with either foot. The style (and refereeing) in League 2 does not suit his game but the stats do not lie and he is a much improved player.

If you remove loan players, there are not many others to add to your list and that covers about 40 years. Derek Clarke would be one before that.

Adebayo injured in the warm up!