Former players - where are they now?

Apologies for going wildly off topic, but former player Gary O’Neil has been confirmed as the Bournemouth manager. He always seems impressive when I hear him speaking, and I hope he does well.

To try and get back on topic a little, I can remember that when he was with us in 2003 I read reports on some of his performances in the Sporting Star.

8 Likes

Was his name Fred? One of my favourite memories was arriving early in the morning and sitting on top of the papers in the dugout to get away from the elements

1 Like

Just remembered it was Redgate and I think he was called Fred if my memory serves me well

1 Like

Cameron Norman currently about to exit the FA Cup.

Is James Clarke still there? Wasn’t in the team or on the bench for the game today.

Sorry mate I wasn’t sure if this was aimed at me or just put out there but he’s still there according to what I’ve just googled,and there’s no news of any injury so not sure why he wasn’t there tbh

George Boateng is assistant coach of Ghana. :smirk:

Frank Nouble the head coach?

3 Likes

Wasn’t aimed at you per se, Scoobs, just a general question to all as I didn’t see him in the highlights or on the team sheet so wondered if he had moved on in the summer.

1 Like

Again, not back on topic, That was where I introduced the wife, a product of leafy Cheshire to the COB, she was dumbstruck! A crunchy cob stuffed with chunks of cheese is a Midlands masterpiece. Muchlike the barm-cake is a northern gem.
She was also introduced to the delicious ‘battered roe and chips’ from a chippy in Caldmore when we returned home to gods own turf for a wedding, many many years ago.
Regrettably I am lost in Walsall these days, trying to find my way to the Broadway for a decent meal, I turn to my wife and say “look there’s the Leather museum” again, time after time. Now I just come off the M6 car park at the Wednesbury Road, that’s all that is needed.

3 Likes

Bielik up against Messi and co currently

1 Like

Who does he play for these days? I have no idea!

One of those players it seems always plays for his country but you don’t really remember where he plays clubwise!

On loan at Blues from Derby I think.

Thanks! Setting Europe alight then at St Andrews!!

Thanks for the edit. No need for the racist shite.

6 Likes

Sorry, I apologise, hate to upset the ‘woke’ brigade!
Perhaps leafy Cheshire has spoilt me somewhat. Despite their being no dentists or GP’s available to locals, I have to travel to Winsford to see a private dentist. Our local GP’s surgery has just informed us that they no longer do ‘appointments’ at all, little wonder A & E’s are overwhelmed. Paper cut fingers waiting along side heart attack’s!

If calling out racist comments is “woke” then guilty as charged.

13 Likes

Roberto Martinez is currently unemployed after leaving Belgium manager role after a miserable performance wt the World Cup…

1 Like

Okay a bit of a teaser , would anyone swap manager MF for Roberto Martinez now ?

1 Like

No because he would still have to manage under the same meagre budget, and he isn’t used to it, but MF is :wink: