Freddie Draper Signs

I reckon if you were as argumentative as some other posters on this thread PT, there’d be a few “Told you so” posts knocking about right now…

2 Likes

You’d think we’d stop judging before a ball is kicked by now… or at least listen to the fans of clubs they’ve played for.

8 Likes

I just had to read everything that i had put after you posted that :joy:
I am pretty happy :sweat_smile:

Crazy how Bradford can loan out a player of Jake young’s ability to a team in the same division!
Loans are weird

1 Like

It is, Swindon also got Dan Kemp on loan from MK, another quality signing.
MK must have a good squad to send him out on loan…

1 Like

Yeah he has scored more goals for Swindon this season than the entire Bradford City squad have registered goals so far

2 Likes

Bradford fans must be fed up with their Manager letting him go to a rival team.

didn’t they loan out Eoin Doyle to Swindon not too long back and he scored a load of goals? Must be having some déjà vu

Probably choking on Rory Gaffney’s taters. :woman_mage:

Seems I don’t him a disservice, he’s better than cook :joy:

Absolute pleasure having this lad even if only on loan, he is an absolute beast. Just wish he was ours. Really hope he is here for full season. Can see Lincoln making a killing when they sell him. If he keeps progressing he will play at championship and Premiershite in the future.

8 Likes

When we first signed him and I watched the Youtube highlights I was so excited. The way he didn’t give the defenders a second to breathe and his sheer physical presence and great feet … we haven’t had a striker like this for years.

One point with Draper is that he may need resting at some point.
His loan to Drogheda started in January and ended on the 30th of June.

He joined us a week later, meaning he has been playing continuously since January, with the only break being one week before joining us for pre season.

2 Likes

had a non supporting Walsall mate come with to Saturday’s game against Salford, first half he said Draper looked out of his depth and his first touch was poor. Second half he was a completely different player, the engine he’s got on him to keep closing down defenders and using his physicality for an 18 year old is incredible

I had some involvement with a team years ago and we had a player “BIG LES” built like a barn door he was 35 years old had an engine that would go all day technically he was not great .his physical presence struck fear into defenders they would tackle him two at a time and both would end up flattened .he absolutely leathered a ball but it went of in all directions when he did score it was either a worldie or more likely it was barged into the net. won almost every ball in the air .he scored about 10-15 a season. When the opposition arrived to play us you could see the disappointment on there face when Les walked in the changing room .His name was first on the team sheet .and I wasn’t brave enough to tell him he wasn’t playing anyhow :joy: Draper reminds me of him but he’s obviously got a lot more to his game.

1 Like

Tilt was all over the place trying to mark him and he is a respected defender at this level.

2 Likes

Good that he lasted the 90 minutes and was still pressing at the end, despite the conditions.

3 Likes

the space he created for the second goal, nutmegging the one defender then fake shotting the other, really did deserve a goal. Serious Serious player and I think he’ll be on a similar trajectory to Rushworth - point to note, I wonder if Lincoln having Rushworth last year on loan, the year after he was with us & seeing how he developed has had any impact on us getting Draper on loan? Food for thought.

8 Likes

Freddie scares defenders … surely we can come up with a Freddie krugar style song

1…2 … Freddie’s coming for you
3…4 Freddie’s going to score

That’s as far as I’ve got :rofl: but you can see where I’m going.

2 Likes

Reminds me somewhat of Didier Drogba in his playing attributes . Physically strong and winning most balls in the air . Not giving defenders time to breathe and to top it off having real good feet so he will score all types of goals and the ability to assist others . A rare find nowadays . Glad that we get to see him at this young age . Sure he is going to blossom into a top top player

4 Likes