Gary Waddock

Interesting read the point I picked up is the bit where he helped Mark Bonner in his first years as a coach.

On paper it looks like a good appointment. I hope something similar will happen in reality too, but usually you donā€™t see the effects of work of other backroom staff members.

Side note:

Andy Whing just announced as Solihull Manager

1 Like

Looks to be a good appointment certainly got a lot of experience in the game which was what was required.

Played under one of the best coaches England has produced in the last 40 years, in my humble opinion, Terry Venables.
Letā€™s hope he gets the Saddlers playing in a similar fashion to El Telā€™s teamsā€¦
UTS!

3 Likes

Impressive CV, worked with some good clubs.
Welcome aboard Gary.

1 Like

Excellent appointment

I would love to know who masterminded it :thinking:

2 Likes

Well that surprised me i was sure it was David Kelly :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I know :joy: but you got one right mate :wink:

1 Like

Didnā€™t realise Knowles started out at Cambridge and was there 6 months at the start of Waddockā€™s spell. Knowles was sold to Yeovil for an undisclosed fee after spending 4 years on loan in non league.

1 Like

So, as I understand it, we now have one position on the coaching staff left to fill? I noticed this morning that Forfarā€™s manager, Ray Mackinnon, is in talks with an EFL club. Possible?

1 Like

Heā€™s in talks with Forest Green.

1 Like

Wow, thatā€™s a big move. I wonder if big Dunc knows him personally? He certainly did a good job at Forfar last season although they fell short at the final hurdle for the play offs.

That Scottish bloke at Hartlepool last season didnā€™t have the best of times.

9 Likes

So pleased to have him on board for the journey. If Liam rates him that highly, thatā€™ll do for me. Looking forward to his input.

7 Likes

It was good to hear Liam speak so highly of Waddock. I think we have a very good assistant on our hands

11 Likes

Amazing what proper recruitment accomplishes. Hope he lives up to Liamā€™s experiences.
So pleasing not to have an assistant that has followed the same manager wherever they have gone, but having 2 individuals with their own perspective working in harmony rather than 2 that do it the same wherever they have gone. Chuffed as cheddar.

2 Likes

Can we have Liam back as well please? :wink:

1 Like

He didnā€™t rule out a return in the future in the Yellow Ribbon podcast.

1 Like