George Miller

Which is why, providing he keeps his game at the same level we’ve seen so far, we should put in a bid in January to take him then before anyone else can (why would anyone else do so if he’s under a “no return” loan agreement to us until the end of the season so they’d have to wait until then anyway?)

2 Likes

He’s not 100 percent fit either

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=405942134222976&id=100044215790186

Good kid he is mate good kid

Miller not the finish player yet, but will need players to give him the chances to run on to.

The way he shapes his body for the third goal is all about technique and composure, been a while since we’ve seen a Walsall striker finishing like that. Probably won’t play against a poorer back line this season but early signs are good.

13 Likes

Indeed. But sometimes when a player finds a club that fits them, and where they fit the club, they would be stupid not to stay. But then again there are quite a lot of stupid footballers around…and agents to take advantage of their stupidity.

2 Likes

According to someone on their forum apparently Miller had some over the top grief on social media whilst at Barnsley. Might in part explain his attitude to staying there, although to be fair most of their fans have wished him well as can be seen here.

1 Like

Offer them 50K for him now job done :rofl:

He looked great yesterday just what we need.

The difference is, he was square peg in a square hole, not someone that we have shoehorned into a position not suited to their play.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more and Wilkinson should be stuck straight out wide right when he comes back keep Miller up top unless this lads injured I don’t see why you’d move him again this season yes leave him out Tuesday in a crappy competition but league games he’s one of the first names on the team sheet just behind Kinsella who again yesterday played like two men on a pitch at the same time.

4 Likes

Hasn’t been able to get into the 18 man squad for the first two matches

1 Like

Exactly.

Front 4 of:

Miller

Wilkinson Holden Shade

honestly think that can challenge the top end strikeforces although probably going to have to wait until November to see it with Holden out for next two months.

1 Like

Don’t forget Keirnan or Earing either…the latter getting better every match.

2 Likes

Competition for places is exactly what we need so trying to fit 5 or 6 players into 3 positions is a fantastic headache for Matt to have.Oh and while I’m at it Earings delivery pi55es all over Osadebe’s all day long.

1 Like

Yet we were told only a few weeks ago the squad was one of the worst assembled !!! I cannot think by whom but I cautioned that we should give the coach and players some time before we made up our minds. It is still too early to say exactly how this will work out but I am encouraged.

4 Likes

I was one of the ones who moaned about a loan deadline day signing from Barnsley he shut me right up yesterday and happy to say I was wrong I was basing it on Phillips who we’ve loaned and his lack of strength against league two defenders so pigeon holed Miller into the same category with age once again wrong he was strong yesterday against older and bigger league two defenders always happy to be wrong mate.

2 Likes

I certainly won’t judge a signing again before i have seen him play.

5 Likes

I would be even happier if we signed Ajose aswell.

Whoever we sign I will negatively judge him as most of us do , base him on previous form even though I’ve never seen him play and hate on pomlett for lack of ambition
Get proven wrong claim he is our best player then sulk when he is sold for 200k or leave to go join Plymouth then blame pomlett again for lack of ambition