Guess who's back? (LP youtube)

He’s the owner of the club giving his opinion on the season so far. obviously he’s going to put a positive spin on things. Tbf don’t see what’s so bad in what he said. Not exactly a million miles away in his thoughts.

5 Likes

He basically confirmed my prediction that we’ll sign a no-mark striker at 8.56pm on 31st January. (When I say striker I mean a player who tends to play up the pitch).

This ain’t having a ‘good go’.

We would have probably the 5/6 points he eludes too if we had added another striker and left back in July.

It’s just another ‘well run club missive’ no change, no new news, nothing to be excited about.

Plus as I put above lazily and badly put together.

I’m fed up of being depressed by my club.

3 Likes

I want LP to “get it.”

Honestly think the guy is doing his best but he really dosen’t talk like an actual fan who grasps the playing side that well.

Everyone on here pretty much knows the season will go for next 5 ,months as previous 5 have gone, odd good result followed by 2-3 disappointing ones and remaining 5-10 points off top 7.

I could forgive LP if he was new to the job like Taylor and Fullerton but this is third xmas he’s said the exact same things about the season.

19/20 you could give him a pass with season getting curtailed (although think team were more than 5 points off 7th when it was stopped) but he also gave similar interview this time last year and then gave Clarke a laughable budget for that January.

See no reason not to be skeptical. He means well but there’s no real drive from the top to get promoted imo, think it’s a bit like hoping to find a manager who can miracle work like Smith did for 3-4 seasons and we’ve seen since 2016 the limitations of that strategy.

3 Likes

A play off side? :joy::joy::joy:

He’s not reached a play off spot since he took over :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

But he will soon :smiley:

2 Likes

He’s delusional about this side if he genuinely means what he says. I suspect he doesn’t. I suspect he wants to con people again so he doesn’t have to put his hand in his pocket. We are nowhere near a play off side. People say “oh we’re only 5 or 6 points off”, you’re never more than 5 or 6 points off. How many teams are in that exact situation or better? It’s not about how many points off you are, it’s about having the ability to out play every single one of those sides before now and the end of the season.

To say he doesn’t think we need anyone, what planet is he on?!

4 Likes

What like how we were gonna finish mid table under Keates and finish top 7 with Clarke :joy:

1 Like

We hope :grin:

1 Like

We haven’t signed a permanent player since early July (other than Khan & his short term deal). Pomlett has basically confirmed we are unlikely to sign one in January.

Given we have loanees in crucial positions we really are going backwards. I mean which of our permanent players would actually command a three figure fee now?

I love my club, but it’s depressing same old waffle just in the league basement. Can’t say I was gutted Swindon was called off, looking forward to a day with the kids.

Come on Leigh give us some Christmas cheer & get someone creative to do the editing

Indeed we do.
Lots on here we’re shitting themselves last season that we were going to be relegated. We won something like 3 of our last 21 games after Clarke effed off. At the start of this season, most on here didn’t expect too much but it’s clear we are going in the right direction, albeit steadily.
I’m still in the positive camp and ay writing the season off yet. January is obviously important.

4 Likes

Pommers doesn’t know a thing about football.

What’s more concerning, is this is most likely Fullarton’s reading of the team too.

Shambles.

1 Like

:flushed::flushed::flushed: you were complaining mid table predictions were miserable and that we were making the play offs!?!? :joy:

We’re mid table and Leigh knows it.

Even if we spawned it into the playoffs, does anyone really think we have the resilience and firepower to win them?

1 Like

2 defeats In 12 in the league, arguably our best player yet to feature and five points off the play offs. Hardly going to be slitting his wrists.

2 Likes

Exactly, 1.66 per game since the start of October.
“but we lost to Cambridge reserves…” in the Papa Johns that supposedly nobody cares about.

Nice selection of fixtures to judge on there. Put both cups and an taking us to an absolutely bang average record overall but fair play.

We’ve improved after a shit start. ie since the start of October.
Cups are individual knock out games , also lost out in both to higher placed teams.

The cup that matters knocked out by a team in our league at the standard people are claiming we are at …

You can’t reach the play offs by winning a cup game.