Hey DJ

Player that showed promise but wasn’t quite doing it drops a level and does well shocker!

Still not scored :rofl:

4 Likes

You’d think he’d gone down there and banged in 5 or 6 goals the way he’s described.

1 Like

Not my words lol!!!. Have a look at the Oldham forum for the Maidstone match. They say he has pace, power, strength skill and basically looks a very good player

Fingers crossed they want to help get him off our books then. Hopefully he has realised he is in last chance saloon regarding his professional career.

Still not scored, even in the NL, not good enough.

1 Like

My 9 year old moggie has pace, power, strength, and can scale 12 foot brick walls with a flick of her tail and a meow. She hasn’t scored for Oldham either.

3 Likes

Like most of us he has no idea what Mansfield are going to do and he doesn’t have much choice in the matter.

Doesn’t read to well that, keep those fingers crossed.

He’s out of contract in the summer so if we can agree a deal with DJ, he could sign a pre contract agreement in Jan.
We could then say to Mansfield here is 50k now or he joins on free in June. If they want to try and screw us over they could call him back but would be paying his wages and doubt he would play especially as Clough doesn’t want him. It really could be a case of who blinks first.
As for other clubs coming in for him that’s really down to DJ and his agent.

1 Like

Can’t sign anything until June when it is a club in the same country.

1 Like

With Mansfield sitting 8th they may decide to increase their chances by recalling him and sending him somewhere else, reducing our chances of beating them to a playoff spot.

1 Like

As said above pre contract is June only.
Scottish teams can try and Nick a player in January and so can the rest of the world.
Gotta whack a bid in to guarantee an Englishman

To be fair Danny Johnson would smash goals in in Scotland for a nice wage. Hes from the depths of the north he might fancy it.

He’s been there twice already - a season each with Motherwell and Dundee.

1 Like

Didn’t actually know that , lookin at the stats he didn’t set them alight either.

He’s gotta be ours surely…be the main man here DJ. We will look after ya

I think we’re worrying over nothing here… If Mansfield were wanting him back, or to sell him elsewhere in January then I doubt they’d have allowed him to play in the FA Cup (like Bennett and Cambridge). I think it’s all about restricting him playing against Mansfield - he’ll sign permanently after the match New Year’s Day.

1 Like

Do hope you’re right @DavidWFC or there’s going to be some very disappointed fans I feel , including myself .

1 Like

My youngest daughter will be absolutely gutted if DJ goes… I’ve done my best to pre warn her though.