Hutchinson Gone

I agree we need a proven player ,or next season will become another” we’re building this year experimenting giving young players a chance can’t expect to challenge this season “ will be season after bilge again .

1 Like

So I was correct then. :+1:

While you were out shopping last season I actually watched RAM at Rushall a couple of times. He was outstanding, ridiculously far too good for National League North. He is ready for a shot at L2.

He’s Not like for like for Hutchinson though, but should be a creative outlet for us.

5 Likes

Major blow

A seriously talented player and as per loads of Walsall fans don’t see it even though the stats are there for all to see.

Over to the club to replace and with some proper quality

1 Like

He’s ready for a shot for sure, but is he ready to replace the player who scored or assisted a third of our goals last season?

That’s the question.

3 Likes

It’s not too big a big a loss, he drifted in and out of games. Replaceable. Bring back Romaine Sawyers.

Fair play to Hutch for getting himself a move to a Lge One club. Will be a better player for having better players around him.

Leaves us with a big gap to fill. Got us out of a few holes last year with his goals and assists. The only positive is that he has gone early in the window, so there are no excuses for not having the time to find an equally as good or better replacement. Last thing we need is another player to develop. We have enough of those already.

7 Likes

He will miss him, but for balance he did miss penalties that cost us points too.

1 Like

Disappointing? Yes
Unexpected? No

This, in my eyes, is where Trivela will be viewed in the coming years. That’s a lot of goals and assists gone from a side that finished 11th last season. Incremental progress won’t work here - they need to be replaced sharpish. Whilst nothing is guaranteed with any signing, something of intent would be welcome rather than “we have faith those here will step up, Earing will stay fit, Jellis will star” responses at the forum on Thursday. To get a player with Hutchinsons output from last season would cost us more than we (reportedly) received plus there is a question would someone like that want to come here?

Hopefully that Trivela supercomputer has been fired up

3 Likes

Drifting in and out of games or not, I genuinely think we’d have been in relegation trouble last season without him, just look at the numbers. And if the club don’t pull their fingers out and replace him well with a few extra good additions, I can see a tough season coming up.

3 Likes

Can you really see us getting out of League 2 this season with the players we have got left? I can’t see us bringing in quality replacements- it will be a mixture of U-23 loans and injury-prone older players who might manage 10-15 games next season. Oh, plus Flush Gordon! We’ll be looking to grind out 1 nil wins after having 25% possession. Bring it on!! :woozy_face:

1 Like

i thought this too - a 5-2-3 could be a great watch.

2 Likes

Big loss. By far the most potent attacking threat we’ve had since relegation, so just as well he barely missed a game. Hopefully we replace him adequately and recruit with a mind to spreading the goals and assists far more evenly across the side.

5 Likes

I guess everyone will be hearing different figures :smile:

This would be a great day to announce the signing of Josh Gordon on a 3 year contract for an undisclosed fee :pray:

4 Likes

He only missed the one against FGR didn’t he, can’t remember anymore?

A 5-2-3 formation leaves you very short in central midfield and is not conducive to playing possession-based football. But, how about 4-4-feckin-2, with 2 big men upfront so that we can lump the ball straight to them and bypass midfield! We could try to win corners and free-kicks and get a real long-throw merchant and just load the box a la Wimbledon circa 1988. Would be shyte to watch, but would suit Sadler’s playing ethos!!

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Thought there was another game too.

No, I think you’re right, it was just one

He missed the rebound as well so you could argue it was plural :grin:

1 Like