IFollow for saturday

Fixed it by swapping the hdmi lead round!!

After suffering that I bet you wished the TV didn’t work either …

Another shocking display , hoof ball after hoof ball , I know this isn’t the correct thread for a moan but FFS absolute dross

5 Likes

FSA survey.

Have completed it. Shame there wasn’t anywhere for making general comments at the end. Interesting that there was a question about interest in a monthly video pass. I hope that this happens as this would be better value (for me anyway) than paying £10 for every game as well as my currently ‘redundant’ £45 annual subscription for audio commentary.

I didn’t realise Forest Green used a separate stream service. Might explain why so many of us had so much trouble.

1 Like

The commentary.

I like Tommy Marlowe a lot. I think he’s great.

He does though fall into the modern trap of turning it into a bit of a chat that occasionally acknowledges that there is a game of football going on.

There could be all sorts going on in the match and we’d still be listening to Alex Nicholls deliberating whether he scored with his head away at Exeter in 2008. Or was it Plymouth. It was certainly down that way. Should remember because I didn’t get too many with my head Tom. chuckle. Meanwhile Holden is doing all sorts of bits on the ball, there’s been an arrestable assault in the dug out and a small aircraft has landed on the far touchline.

Five minutes later Tom interrupts Alex, not to update WM listeners but to advise - “Just had a text from Brian in Greenland - apparently there was a knife fight on the touchline and a light aircraft briefly entered the field of play - I must have missed that, Alex did you see anything?”
“No Tom, didn’t see that but there do seem to be tyre tracks on the far side and there is a large police presence near the dug outs so something must have happened”.

8 Likes

latest c–k up from wm:-
‘He can’t do that he has made 4 changes at half time’ went on a bit about this until --i think it was Ned who told him its ok the rules had changed for 5 subs, his apology ’ well i only normally do premier matches’ – prepared and professional as ever WM.

1 Like

I couldn’t watch on Saturday - so missed the thriller. BUT as I was up in North Staffs, travelling home, I manged to get the commentary on Radio Stoke (and they were pleasingly complimentary of us - which might be why some Stokies were annoyed with them),

Anyway, Radio Stoke’s offering on Saturday was:
FM Band: Stoke City v Blackburn
AM Band: Wimbledon v Crewe
DAB: Saddlers v Vale

I knew that I would lose the signal somewhere on the journey, but could then switch to WM… As it happened I could get Radio Stoke DAB all the way until just past Cannock. Over then to WM, but sadly their radio offering was:
FM Band: Blues v Middlesbrough
DAB Birmingham: Blues v Middlesbrough
DAB Black Country: Blues v Middlesbrough

AND THEY ONLY HAD TWO GAMES TO CHOOSE FROM!

1 Like

And for those who just can’t get enough, there were even updates on the Blues game in the iFollow commentary…

So basically you have to pay £10 to listen to a BBC commentary on a Walsall game. Get rid of the license fee,It can’t be any worse listening to adverts on WM.

2 Likes

I know, lets moan about WM , Ifollow, DC, LP the club, the stadium, no chips , the bar, in fact everything to do with watching Walsall.

I did consider switching to the away commentary on Saturday as I was getting so fed up with the additional verbiage, though obviously it was worth sticking with it as the excitement and enthusiasm as we came back to win was absolutely genuine. I’m not sure if we had an update on the weather from Montreal (I’m sure Jason is a really nice guy, as are Roger in Spain, Paul in South Africa etc) but when it seems to be every game it gets a bit wearing. It wouldn’t be so bad if it was when someone was injured etc. He was asking Wracky a listener’s question in the build up to Vale’s opener.
The actual football commentary is very good, but please let’s have more of it and fewer birthdays in Brownhills (@chunkster excepted)

5 Likes

Go on then,you start,we’ll follow your lead…:+1:

2 Likes

For a bit of variety …

A few hours after the live stream, you can re-watch the full game on iFollow and listen to the other side’s commentary this time (if you want) by changing the home/away audio setting.

Or there is a 3rd alternative commentary on the extended highlights available sometime the next day (sounds like they are commentating on the whole game rather than just the bits being shown?)

The shorter version is commentary free - just the ambient stadium sounds.

And the EFL highlights on Quest have someone else entirely taking you through the even more condensed highlights that they show,

You know what, I have just enjoyed the football during this awful period.
Having two games a week, being able to watch on Ifollow, listening to the WM commentary, and having a bit of crack on UTS has helped me get through.
Even when the results wer’nt going our way I always thought the players and DC were doing ok
Why dont we just let the club and players get on with their job and enjoy the distraction the game provides.

3 Likes

That’s the thing. There are plenty of breaks in play to have a chat. And it was Vale’s first on Saturday that led me to comment. It was obvious that none of them had a clue how Pope ended up with the ball ten yards out from our goal.

Josh Gordon was booked within seconds of coming on the other week. Somebody needed to tweet in to let them know.

As I say, I think Marlow is ace and I particularly enjoy it when Kelly is alongside.

It sounds more like a jolly boys outing than a commentary on a football game :rofl:

If you read Vale,s forum you will see a great many of their fans were very unhappy with Rodio Stoke’s commentary.
They were switching to WM and finding it very fair and informative.

I wasn’t a fan of the season proceeding if there were no fans in the ground. The whole point to me has always been about being “there” and sharing the experience with others. “Football without fans is nothing” is definitely a take I’m down with.

I have mellowed a tad though. I still find the experience not a patch on being there and I worry that we might never get fully back to the way it was. It does though provide a structure to the week and a focus on something else that isn’t actually that important.

2 Likes

Franksy’s a ■■■■