IFollow for saturday

Did you not jump out of your chair and shout “get in there” when the winner went in. (like I did)

I did

So did I. Frightened the dog.

Well it was more like “Get the ■■■■ in!!!” but yeah. Made the missus jump (again!) :laughing:

And my dad says my mother’s language over the past few weeks that she’s been watching the games with him has been shocking! :flushed:

iFollow has been a Godsend for exiled supporters like me who are too far away to attend more than the odd game. Used to try to get to Brizzle Rvrs (now not available, temporarily I hope), Swindon (ditto), Cheltenham etc. We - the Sowth Wiles Worsul nutters - went to Yeovil a couple of times, too, but it’s a long way*. Now I can see the mighty Saddlers any time I want for less than the petrol money for even the closest game (although sometimes I wish I hadn’t, like, for example, Sarfend :angry: But then there’s the Vale game :smiley:. That’s always been the lot of a Saddlers’ supporter).

• I know it makes me sound like a wuss compared to some of the real supporters who never miss a game, home or away, but Hey! Ho!
3 Likes

Agree mate.

Bought an ifollow season ticket for 150 quid. Worth every penny as I haven’t been in the UK since the season started so couldn’t have got to a game even if they were letting fans in.

Also by paying I feel I’m contributing something to the club rather than just watching it for free on my dodgy box (which i dull fo sometimes) or in the bar on theirs.

1 Like

I see they are offering half season tickets for overseas fans (or those with VPNs :wink:); 50% off full season price.

Do they cover all games or just the home ones?

Home and away.

Definitely. Every day would blur into every other one without it. I have found the 7pm kick-offs a little confusing but that is more to do with the early finish time and the vague feeling after time spent browsing on here that it must be time for bed to then discover that it’s not!

2 Likes

Just had a check - $241 Canadian for a full season, 50% off at checkout … works out at about £70 at the current exchange rate.

Home games already free to me as an ST holder, but might be worth it just for the away games. :thinking:

1 Like

I envy you. If it goes through the whole season it will be £460 plus my normal £45 audio one… I am enjoying being able to watch though, as I am sure a lot of other UK exiles who only get to a limited number of games are too. I’m not spending much on anything else except alcohol at the moment anyway

1 Like

I don’t mind spoiling myself occasionally. As someone that is nigh on teetotal, watching the Saddlers is one of the few pleasures I have :wink:

1 Like

7pm kicks offs are perfect for me while I’m in Spain.

But if you pretend to be overseas (with a VPN) you can buy a discounted video season/half season ticket or individual games at their lower outside-the-UK prices (£7 instead of £10 per individual games).

They are still doing it? I thunk it was once, maybe twice and it will be stopped. Yes, it is wearing very quickly.

3 Likes

Seen posts about VPN before but they might as well be in double-Dutch. I just don’t understand it. I don’t really mind as I enjoy watching so much…, just as long as we can have a 6-5 win having been 4 nil down at half-time included in it.

It’s better than years of watching the scores scrolling round on ceefax… or struggling to pick up Radio Sheffield or Leeds on VHF and listening to the intermittent crackling on the speakers. At one time access to high speed broadband wasn’t actually a human right.

Oh yes. Me and the lad went ■■■■■■■ nuts. Followed by a more sober “this isn’t over yet” caveat.

And the great thing about ifollow is that you can time travel. The three or four minute lag meant that we decided to go “real time” updates on line thus seeing out stoppage time in a far calmer way than we would watching it live.

2 Likes

Agreed. I think Tom Marlow is brilliant but do find some of the stuff he reads out bizarre. I guess he’s just trying to engage the fans but the constant shout outs are a bit annoying. I also don’t care what the weather is like half way across the world, but maybe I’m just miserable.

4 Likes

Paul from South Africa IS a nice guy. Used to post on here as PG Tips many years ago :grinning:

I remember him posting. I can completely understand why fans, especially if abroad, send in. It’s a way of being involved. I cited those 3 because I know their names. I texted a number of times in the days when Mick Kearns was summarising so perhaps I shouldn’t complain. He has just allowed the messages etc to get out of control.
Fortunately, the words… ‘There’s some people on the pitch’ weren’t followed by Ken Wolstenholme breaking off to send birthday greetings to a couple in Surbiton.

3 Likes