Jack Rose Signs

Mark Gillespie was an experienced keeper with nearly 200 appearances at L1/L2 level. That worked out well.

4 Likes

Chris Dunn was an experienced keeper with over 200 appearances at L1/L2 level. That worked out well.

1 Like

Well,we’ve got loads of “hungry young players” in the reserves/youth team/Development squad, so going by your rule of thumb,we didn’t need Clarke,Sinclair or any of the other players we’ve signed,or is it just inexperienced Goalkeepers you like?

I’m sure I could find lots more examples of young inexperienced Goalie’s that didn’t make it.

1 Like

Look what happened when Jimmy came back…

Clarke and Sinclair don’t fall into the “not motivated” category they have come to us because they know DC is a manager who can give them another promotion for their CV. Key to DC’s success to date has been his ability to spot and realize potential in players

1 Like

As I said saddla,if its hungry and inexperienced you want,look no further than the youngsters we already have,I’m sure DC can coach them into a promotion winning team.

Don’t try and put words into my posts.What we don’t want is a team full of old men trying to get a last wage packet. The ideal is to get a blend of youth and experience. Which is exactly what DC is aiming for. There’s loads of old has been keepers out there DC has decided that he doesn’t want them.

That’s what you said,taken to its logical conclusion,you’d prefer a whole team of young hungry players.

So if I apply the same logic to your posts you want a team full of 35+ year olds who have spent their whole careers in the bottom 2 divisions.

You got it,and I’d back my team against yours any day…:wink:

So you would have been happy if we had signed David Forde as keeper instead of Jack Rose?
Meets all your criteria played at International level, played over 400 times in the league for teams like Millwall, Cardiff Luton, Portsmouth. Released this year by Cambridge United because he’s ■■■■■.
I’ll take Rose thank you very much.

1 Like

You’ve got it…:wink:

… and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

2 Likes

All ‘aboard’ the league 1 train

Joe Murphy would have been perfect👍

Joe Murphy is also turning 38.

2 Likes

Irrelevant for a keeper. More league appearances than our entire squad i would imagine.

Let’s sign Mick Kearns up then, he was decent back in the day.

Little birdie told me Peter Shilton is out of contract too. That would be a marquee signing.

2 Likes

Idiot.

1 Like