Jamie Jellis signs

:rofl:

4 Likes

I know your being sarcastic, but the fact you think thatā€™s critical shows just how thin skinned you are towards anything that isnā€™t outright optimism (pre February anyway).

Prefer full fat myself el, especially on my cereal and in my coffeeā€¦

2 Likes

Can be said, something similar was, when DS was head of youth and was scouting nearby club academies. Thatā€™s why Downing, Mantom or Sawyers happened. Different times, different ways, but if it brings success, why complain.

3 Likes

Corrected. God knows you canā€™t make a typo on here :+1:t3:

Chill lad, light hearted humour, good for the soulā€¦

4 Likes

Youā€™d be surprised. Last typo I made I got messages raving that I actually meant what Iā€™d said, didnā€™t know the difference and frothing at the explaination. So forgive me if I donā€™t ā€œchill ladā€ :+1:t3: Iā€™ll decide on that.

Thought this was nice to hear off the Notts forum re Jamie and Mat;

5 Likes

I jam jellies

1 Like

Good. A position that needed another player.

Unlike one other poster (:wink:) I think this is a good signing ā€¦ because we donā€™t have anyone else who can play the number 8 role in this formation.

Conley isnā€™t an 8, Stirk isnā€™t an 8, Allen is crap, McEntee definitely isnā€™t an 8ā€¦ Maher isnā€™t trustedā€¦

We have no one else to come on and fill that role
If Earing or Hutchinson are injured, tired or off it.

Letā€™s hope JJ is!

1 Like

You are right here; particularly about Maher not being trusted.
To me, this is the most disappointing part of Saddlerā€™s management (apart from his rejection of Lalcovik, obviously)

Tierney capable. We need a right wing back now

Youā€™re disappointed because of your own preference. Sadler sees him professionally.

1 Like

Sure, but heā€™s never fit!

Nice comments from Tamworth, looks like heā€™s got the right attitude

Good luck Jamie

https://www.tamworthfc.co.uk/tfc-news/20240125-jamie-jellis-becomes-a-saddler?s=08

1 Like

I presume by that you are referring to me?

Again, not sure where or how anyone has managed to deduce that I donā€™t think itā€™s a good signing.

I repeat again because there really does seem to be some that are hard of hearingā€¦

This is a signing for the longer term. I donā€™t, unless there are some outgoings or some injuries, see him impacting the starting 11 this season or if we are in league 1 or have a huge budget, next season.

Youā€™re right, Comley isnā€™t an 8. But Stirk has been playing as one all season and until Earing played his first 70 mins in a year and suddenly became the answer to everything ranging from a cure for covid to being the reason Hutch suddenly became good, Stirk was being touted as many peopleā€™s POY!! Allen isnā€™t crap he is just what he is which is cover and a utility player who can play and do a reasonable job as cover in many positions. As proven. McEntee despite your expert analysis was winning most people over, had scored goals, defended well and generally affected the game and performances AND results in BOTH boxes!

Youā€™re right, Maher isnā€™t trusted yet. But also letā€™s remember that Maher has more football league minutes under his belt than Jellis does and was also ā€œtearing upā€ the same league Jellis was for a similar amount of timeā€¦ā€¦

A good signing going forwards and if he settles well and adjusts quicklyā€¦.and we are nowhere near the play offsā€¦.he may get more minutes than Iā€™ve suggested and get a jump start on next season where the chances are heā€™ll have a level playing field in pre season to make his mark.

But letā€™s keep our feet on the groundā€¦ā€¦for his sake as well as ours, before he goes from hero to zero in the space of a 20 min sub appearance (like so many have before him) and suddenly gets written off as not good enough rather than not ready yet, mainly because of the outpouring of over emotion after a loss at home to someone like Accrington!!

Heā€™s less than a year younger than Hutch has scored less than half the amount of goals, in a league two levels below us, that heā€™s only been playing in for half a season. No one (inc me) has seen him play either at all or for any length of time and to get so over excited isnā€™t going to be fair on him.

I get it. Itā€™s a step in the right direction in terms of the clubs overall recruitment strategy. A welcome one and along with Williams one I agree with. Thereā€™s loads of talented players out there that have experienced a bit of bad luck and have stepped back in order to move forwardsā€¦.fair play to all of them and if they get a chance with us and make a go of it thatā€™s fantastic.

9 Likes

Who would that be?

1 Like

he isnt a number 8 hes a box to box midfielder i think hes been bought in and not loaned back because Sadler thinks he can play a similar role to what Oisin did Osh was up and down the pitch everywhere working hard i think Jellis offers something similar reading between the lines on x

2 Likes

Again, not just me - a professional football manager who is highly regarded told Sadler not to play him thereā€¦.

:smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s just another opinionā€¦the one that matters is Sadlers and the proof of the pudding is in the performancesā€¦and McEntees proved worthy

2 Likes