January Transfer Window predictions

I was thinking exactly the same thing

Mike Fondop leaves Hartlepool, wouldnā€™t mind him here.

Was at Halifax at the same time Fullarton was.

1 Like

Jesusā€¦ I hope they never employ you as our Scout.

Looks a prolific bagsman

1 Like

More goals than Conor Wickham :wink:

1 Like

Ay? Literally hasnā€™t scored this season.

Heā€™s been mentioned in here before during the summer and has an OK record at other clubs in his career.

Heā€™s a big striker too, so heā€™s a type of striker that alot of our fans are after in terms of someone to hold the ball up.

1 Like

If he really does the hold up job and is decent in the air then could be a good shout. Does he though. Have you seen him play

I know youtube videos arenā€™t the best to go off as they made Makris look like Messi, but here

1 Like

Stevenage signed some decent players in last two weeks and form is now picking up.

2 Likes

Fits the bill perfectly.

1 Like

He has an ok record at non league clubs (if you count one season hitting double figures in league goals as ok), hes scored 2 goals in 2 seasons in League Two. And to be fair I didnā€™t question his ability, I just couldnā€™t work out how he has scored more goals than Wilkinson playing wide right.

There is no point signing another striker without changing tactics!
Our current tactics appear to be:

play 2 wingers to create chances from the wings
play long balls into the channels for the #9 to chase

League 2 bosses know this.
They mark our wingers and force us to play long balls.
Miller vs 2 defenders.
On Saturday, Miller did quite well to create a couple of chances for himself.

You can replace Miller with another striker, but unless we change tactics, nothing will change.

We need a PLAN B, which isnā€™t PLAN A with different players.
You have to admire Clough for changing formation in the 2nd half on Saturday.

If we sign another striker then he needs to be different, a bruiser, a target man, someone who can win headers, occupy defenders and win a header in the opponents box from a set piece.

3 Likes

Well, there is. Even playing one up top it would be nice to have another for loss of form or, you know, injuries.

Surely we are going to sign a couple this week?

Surelyā€¦

Vale fans are still saying we want Devante Rodney us and Stockport apparently could be scuppered by Polatic leaving now though rumour hes off abroad.

I mean, Iā€™m not exactly the first person to be confident in the club, but I really really really thought there would be one today.

No S**t Sherlockā€¦ however, thanks for brightening up my day, canā€™t beat a good loff!

1 Like

Sorry, what?

Didnā€™t we all! But, this is Walsall, we will have to wait until 31st January, to see what last minute second rate loan we get from someoneā€™s reserves!

1 Like

We should sign Devante Rodney and the big lad mentioned forgot his name lol also a centre back and a left back