Jonas Mukuna Signs

When’s Bacuna signing?

I bet Mickey Flynn is peeing himself with anticipation of the difference our new signings will make!!

When’s Lalkovic coming back?!!

1 Like

In 2-3 years they may be right but we need finished articles not development prospects!

2 Likes

I think we need both. Apparently our new owners are very keen on acquiring and developing young talent . If that is the case we may see more of this type of signing .I think it is a good thing.

3 Likes

I hope you’re right but it’s hard not to conclude that we sign this type of player because…they are cheap!!

1 Like

I agree they will be cheap but if we pick up a gem then we win don’t we ? Our new owners are after making money don’t forget and it could become part of our business model for the future.

They’re only going to be worth money if they play…and then play well.

Saturday we had 5 attacking players on the bench from 6 outfield subs. Our set up (352 / 5/3/2) doesn’t allow for too many attacking player. They can’t all play and coming on as fire fighters doesnt count either.

1 Like

I’m not usually critical of new signings, but Makuna showed us absolutely nothing during his time here. I know he’s only a very young lad, but I don’t see the point of it.

1 Like

Ok I’m going to put it out there , as far as I know no one has actually called Flynn out yet regarding his signings, but there seems to be a lot of displeasure with a good proportion of his signings, so what are we saying that he’s a really good manager but can’t pick a player .
He doesn’t strike me as the sort of bloke who would allow anyone to force players on him that he doesn’t want, and I’m also guessing that he was and is fully aware of the budget that he would have to work with , so where does that leave us ,

It leaves us with a small group of fans who have completely forgot about the dross of a squad Flynn inherited, the eternal summers of binning almost an entire squad and building again and that we used to support our players, especially young players rather than write them off before they’ve even had a chance to perform over a number of games. Football is a game of opinions and I understand the under current of mistrust and negativity from fans given the Bonser years but it’s so sad that we just can’t give Flynn, the new owners and players more time. We used to mock the Dingles for the same. Maybe it’s just how the modern fan thinking is these days.

6 Likes

Yes agree I think I’m in this camp

Hope the lad continues to develop and does well. I think this sort of signing shows how the youth system had deteriated with very little comibg through the last few years. With this only and even Timmy feels like we’ve had to recruit a couple to plug a gap of development players that should be coming off our own production line.

And if we hadn’t seen the same things year after year after year, with these same sentences repeated ad nauseum, people might be a bit more positive.

And none of those years were Bonser years, so don’t really go along with the “that’s modern fans” bullshit either.

1 Like

Lump on

Interested in your definition of a small group when probably a couple of thousand feel like that!!!. Anyway difficult for the fans to get on side with all these signings when most teams in our league wouldn’t touch them with a bargepole. It’s factual that signings were of a much higher quality with Fullarton. Difficult to know what the problem is. Maybe Boycott has got confused and set the budget on dollars!!!

Quite clear he isn’t one for the first team. Good luck to the lad. Flynn has obviously seen something in training that makes him worth using up what fraction of the budget we have left. Let’s see how he develops.

2 Likes

Why sign them then?

Problem is that they don’t necessarily stay.

Hmmmm…you aren’t suppose to speak such thoughts.

Although not massively jumping up and down over this, I’m also not in the camp that he is shit.
He only had a few bits and pieces appearances pre season and is only a babby. He’s a big old lad though for his age.

Too early to judge and maybe one for the future, if he stays, of course.

1 Like