Josh Gordon returns

I already think it’s very good :sunglasses:, but I get that some fans want a bigger / higher profile signing.
He’s a great fit in Sadlers’ jigsaw puzzle. Could well be a great bit of business, as many others that have been described as underwhelming in the past have turned out to be.
Fingers crossed as it could of course turn out to be a bag of shit

4 Likes

I don’t think it’ll be that bad even if he disappoints. He’ll still offer something.

2 Likes

Personally I think it’s a decent signing. He is now 29 so brings experience, scored 15 times when last at this level, hard working and has an affiliation with the club. I think this is a decent bit of business.

6 Likes

I agree, but the haters and know alls will pile on

4 Likes

The beauty of transfer signings. 50% are underwhelmed by this signing, the other 50% thinks its a great signing, and if my maths is correct 13% thinks its dreadful. The other 24% think freddie draper will sign for 1 million. Me personally i was hoping we signed 94/95 kyle lightbourne

13 Likes

Looking at his 22/23 stats makes much better reading than his 2018/2019 stats:

1 Like

I think it’s as good as anyone could have expected

3 Likes

Welcome back, Josh. Another one i got right Can’t understand why there is so much negativity about this. At this level, Josh is a very good, solid signing. Fits Sadler’s style of playing the high press very well. It would be impossible to find a Draper Mk II, especially in the January transfer window. WIth Josh, we know he can score goals, not prolofic, but can do a job for 90 minutes. For once we are not after a striker to take on the burden of scoring for us as this season there are goals throughout the whole squad.

Sadler wanted and tried to sign Josh over the summer but he had a better offer from Burton, plus chance to play in Lge 1, so who can blame him. He is here to play as a two with DJ, and not to keep DJ out of the team. Got to give Sadler credit for this, as I think it is a very good move for both sides

37 Likes

Oteh is back training but fair point about Matt.

I like your thinking. It’s a well known fact in The UK that a third of kids leave school unable to read, another third can’t write and the other 50% can’t add up.

8 Likes

“Haters and know alls” :joy:

1 Like

Let’s be honest mate, there are some on here.
Described above as a pathetic signing

2 Likes

As ever Westie jack the most reliable source of transfer info. Any further movements westie?

4 Likes

Far from a pathetic signing. Far from a brilliant one either.

Pathetic is harsh, but those “haters” will soon be cheering if he bags a few. I’d say anyone sceptical of what this club chooses to do, particularly when it includes signing players that weren’t exactly club legends in their time, is fair.

1 Like

Agreed.

And that’s excluding fans from a certain club. Which i wont name. But we all know who. But i won’t say. So its everyone else saying and thinking it. But my hands are clean as ive not said it.

yes, there are

Oh dear

I agree. Whoever we sign, there will be a solid section of our fans who are unhappy. Honestly don’t know what everyone expects.

But then, we’ve just turned a derelict building that was falling apart into a smart space for fans and we “don’t like the colour of the paint” or “the chairs aren’t nice”.

15 Likes