Key signing for next season?

Yes and I recall Ray Shaw was not rated by many fans!! I think a lot of them still wanted Bill Moore . Frank Sibley is the worst in my lifetime I think even allowing for some of more recent flops.

I remember Larry Canning on Radio Birmingham really sticking up for Frank Sibley, but he was hopeless. I’d forgotten we actually won 2 games under him.

Thanks for this. The figures are fascinating. It shows 40% is the real quality mark, but I was surprised to see big, fat Jan hitting that peak. Makes him one of our most successful managers.

Of course, these figures are a bit misleading because the managers that took us into Division 2 (in all its guises) then had to cope with a much higher standard and the win ratio was bound to fall.

3 Likes

We have got to keep Holden at all costs - 100%

5 Likes

We had three good cup runs under him which boosts his average, but were poor in the League. I would guess at around 30% in League games for Big Fat Jan.

Vincent and Melbourne have both played two games for us, played really well in both games and both players will be available to sign on free transfers in June and you want us to get rid of them already?

3 Likes

Pretty sure Melbourne is contracted past the end of the season.

I don’t agree they have played well at all.

Melbourne is no where near as good as Jules. I think he’s really poor. Not sure if Bags 10 watches the same games as the rest of us

Pomlett has said there is something in the deal where we can sign him permanently if we want to.

That’s a point that I have asked WSA to clarify at a Working Party Meeting.

1 Like

Who’d have thought it. He made lots of mistakes, and he was not properly supported by the club at the end of that first season when players inevitably left for better opportunities (an experienced manager would have struggled to replace all those players, an inexperienced one didnt have a hope) but you’d swap what he served up for anything we’ve had since.

1 Like

I like the look of Vincent, sign him up.

4 Likes

But at what price :smile:

3 Likes

Can you imagine if we had Norman Bates and Vincent Price next season? What a horror show! :joy:

6 Likes

Reminds me of Cuvelier for some reason :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

We despersprtly need some players in midfield.

Kinsella our best midfielder by far and despite his little madness today he still is.

He needs some players around him that are not lepers. Osadebe is a joke, Vicent is meh

3 match ban now he’s definitely going to be missed.

2 Likes

Kinsella has been good not criticising him but that red card has been coming the way he dives in to tackles I love to see it but you cant get away with that in the modern game

2 Likes

Vincent has been decent, but an attack minded midfielder should be a priority in the summer for me.

Abit like when we had Joe Edwards, attacked well, chipped in with a few goals but could defend aswell.

We probably wouldn’t get more than two goals a season from the current midfielders we have and we’re too reliant on the strikers, but with Adebayo now gone, we don’t really have a striker that will score 15+ a season.

1 Like