Key signing for next season?

This side won’t progress with Kinsella as a starting midfielder. Not good enough - especially not good enough for the way Duts wants to play.

He’s a fantastically committed player - with great heart - just not a lot of quality. It’s not just him either, it’s the same with a lot of them - Scarr is another.

4 Likes

At least he used to "wave’…sign him up, sign him up, sign him up, sign him up, sign him up, sign him up, sign him up, sign him up,

11 , that’s should see us straight.

i would give Sam perry a run out hes a good player tbf

Holden aside, I don’t see ANY real quality.

And as you say Kinsella is committed - which as Sadler’s reaction to McDonald yesterday proved, that can’t be said about everyone.

Honestly, the way “our own” are treated…

1 Like

I’d agree with that. Holden is the only real player with a bit of quality about him.

Macdonald does on his day, but his problem is inconsistency and his final ball which are invariably poor.

I’m looking through the squad now and it’s very very average bog standard league two. As I said prior, we can have battlers and triers like Scarr Kinsella and co; but ultimately you need a bit of quality to get out of this league, and also then establish in the league above. There’s only really Holden at the moment who would really be fine in League One.

3 Likes

Think it’s a little bit misleading aswell for the objective down here aswell. I think all four teams who make the play offs with all need less than 50% win ratio and probably one of the teams that goes up automatically.

Salford in 5th have won 12 games all season so unlikely they’ll even get to 20 wins.

And in league 1 40% win ratio keeps you up at the very least.

As for the thread simply need a far stronger spine. Good keeper, solid head it kick it CB, good DM and some quality upfront.

The Graydon years and 15/16 had this, this team is way off given the failures of J. Clarke, Sinclair and Guthrie and Jules and Ade being sold.

Too big a task I suspect for whoever gets the job permanently to solve all that with one transfer window and continual restrictions.

Yes we do need more quality but Kinsella does the work of 2 players or 7 Osadebes. First name on the sheet and then find that quality. Its been said a bit reckless yesterday but no worse than the one on Gordon and not helped by those ■■■■■■ on the touchline. There couldve been several sent off for tackles on Kinsella during previous matches.

Im actually hoping Kinsella puts one like that on Osadebe in training. A travesty if hes picked again

Agree with that…

But if we want to go up then I’m afraid Kinsella and Scarr (for example) aren’t good enough.

2 Likes

First signing next season needs to be a management structure that recruits with a plan … or if not a plan they’ll have to be shrewd operators

If this doesn’t change we’ll just end up with a few more like we’ve already got

We used to shop cheap but get great value with shrewd signings

Wayne Evans , Stu Watkiss, John Keister and Charlie Ntamark all stepped out of non league footy in the mid 90s. DC turned his nose up at Josh March who is now putting goals away for Harrogate like he did for Alvechurch

We’ve took some top players at the end of their careers and had a season or two out of them … Tilson Pointon Rammell

There’s the players cast aside who turned out to be gems Ade Viveash, Wracky, Bradshaw

The released youngsters like Fox Gerrard Mantom Sawyers, Downing

Not forgetting the foreign lads who sprinkled that bit of magic …Jorge Pedro Peron Zigor Ledesma

Finally the loan market we had a period of getting quality lads in like Flo, Sam Johnson, Lee Holmes, Kevin Harper

There are so many avenues to explore I just don’t understand how we’ve ended up with the Muppetts we’ve got playing here

7 Likes

I disagree to a point . They could both feature in a promotion side from this league, but as support acts to a few star turns.

2 Likes

Hmm unsure mate. We need a complete clear out bar a few .

There isn’t one player in this current squad that I’d be bothered about keeping.

Replace the lot for me.

I would keep them both. I’d get shut of Osadebe, MacDonald, Clarke, Sinclair, Sadler (as a player) and probably Lavery. Not sure about Nolan, but him, Bates and CCM are probably on a low salary so worth keeping.

I agree with that list but I think you will find Gordon and Scarr will go too as they will get better offers in my view .So it will be an almost complete rebuild and I just hope we have someone with right nous to recruit fewer but better players. As I have said elsewhere my money would go principally on experienced, physical Centre halves and forwards who have a real presence on the pitch.

6 Likes

I think it will boil down to simply who we can afford after this last 12 months. Right now surviving as a Football League club is all that matters for me. I’d let Clarke, Sinclair, Osadebe, and MacDonald go but keep the others, if they’ll stay, on the basis we will struggle to find better on our budget. I’d keep Sadler as Assistant Head Coach. The loanees can all leave for me.

2 Likes

Said it a thousand times; it has to be quality over quantity.

Just look at White and Osadebe; unnecessary signings - our young lads should be filling their places in the squad. What was the point of Rose? The Club had a really good look at him before signing - but both DC and BD stuck with Roberts who was struggling.

That’s 3 contracted Players who just don’t serve ANY purpose. Don’t get me started on the double figure loan signings, what a complete waste of time.

We need a core of 4/5 “key players” where the budget is invested and the rest we work around. To be fair DC did bring in his 2 Rovers chums and Guthrie and I don’t remember many complaints at the time from the fans but obviously its proved a disaster.

3 Likes

“Proper players” as I call them - quite agree👍

2 Likes

Who on earth on UTS was responsible for hounding C.H.Aislo out of the club? With a win percentage of 61.29%, he is our most successful manager of all time! He may have moved on since 1895, but surely it’s about time we gave this guy a second chance! At the very least when we eventually throw off the shackles of Bonserism & move to a new ground I for one hope that there is a C.H. Aislo stand. In the meantime, I think the Bonser suite should be renamed the C.H. Aislo suite!

4 Likes