Khan off

Feels like Febian Brandy all over again.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: it doesn’t matter how many times I quote Pomletts only words to you and give examples of investment lower down the pyramid than us, you’re still going to paint this as impossible aren’t you?

Not that we should need investment to compete in League Two anyway.

I honestly don’t care what Pomlett says. He has his reasons for saying it, probably to keep upbeat and positive. The truth about this business (and many on here will agree with this entirely) is that nobody will be interested in investing in a business which not only doesn’t own its most important asset, but is at the whim of a third party regarding it. As @WalsallOne said, the best chance we actually have of re-uniting the freehold with the football club is Pomlett, precisely because of his relationship with Bonser. Get that freehold back and we’re suddenly a different proposition, albeit still not the most attractive because of the level of debt needed to buy the freehold.

2 Likes

Can’t blame Khan one bit.

I’m a supporter of the club and think we’re a shambles. Think what players like him think and that’s without the obvious higher wages other teams pay.

Unless you’ve come through the ranks or have no other offers, why would anyone be inspired to come here?

Fair point, well made.

What I do think he likes to do is “talk us up”. Nowt wrong with that, I guess, and I wouldn’t expect him to be negative. But I think he needs to reflect - much of it is coming back to bite him and he perhaps needs to choose words more carefully. It’s probably a learning curve for him as well - although he’s spent a life in business, I don’t suppose he’s ever been in quite such a “customer facing” business!

I take on board your comments re how the budget has been used. I’m prepared to give this management team (including the DoF) a couple more transfer windows, but I understand why some might not.

3 Likes

What a cheeky so and so. He didnt even have a club before we rescued him.

1 Like

I love how you keep saying that, as if it magically changes fact :joy::joy::joy: I’ve given you examples of the contrary.

But at least you now seem to be accepting you can’t trust a word Pomlett says. Progress.

A couple more windows lol :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yep. No DoF or Manager is going to turn it around in one window, starting from a very thin squad. I’ll give them this season and next season. We can’t just keep throwing out managers. I get the feeling that MT has something, although he has a lot of learning to do still. That’s my opinion, I’m happy for others to disagree.

2 Likes

An therein lies the problem
Do we stay as we are and remain a mid table debt free club or do we go into debt to buy the stadium and instead of paying £500k a year rent we pay £500k a year in mortgage payments for the next 25 to 30 years.
Either way it would mean no new money to invest in the team.

1 Like

Yes, absolutely. But, in terms of attracting investors, it would potentially make a difference if we did own the freehold. Right now, I can’t see who would want to invest, unless, of course, they were friends of Pomlett and knew the deal he had with Bonser to buy the freehold. That’s why he remains our best option for now.

2 Likes

Indeed that is very true

1 Like

Rinse, repeat, see you next year for more of the same.

Finding it increasingly hard to process my feelings towards Walsall FC. I love the club, but also kind of hate it…

3 Likes

How about love the club but hate the way it is being run into the ground? :wink:

1 Like

Wonder who our next player with illness will be and what team they will be at a week later?

We all know how this will go, don’t we?

I think that we all need to remember that at L2 level every player (or their agent) is going to be looking to get very best deal for themselves. I doubt very much that they care which club they go to as long as they get the longest contract possible at the best weekly rate of pay. Anyone on here remember the shock when Adam Rooney left Aberdeen (in the SPL) for then non-league Salford City? It was all about the money. So, I would expect that Khan has gone after the best contract he could get & why shouldn’t he??? One door closes, another opens.
I would expect that our playing budget is controlled by the DOF (if not why have a DOF?). He will know how much is left in the pot & will, after consulting with the manager, know whether Khan featured in the long term squad building plans & what type of contract he was worth offering. That’s fine by me.
Now that Taylor & Khan are off the wage bill there should be a few more shekels to play with, so I’m prepared to wait & see who comes into the building before venting my spleen at the club.

3 Likes

Khan with the only goal of the game in 42nd minute, lump on.

1 Like

Just been told he wanted to stay but the club made it difficult trying to put a vaccination clause in his contract no bullshit.

2 Likes