Kieron Morris’ Mother has her say

But would Kieron want to come back? It’s commonly accepted he’s stagnated in the past few years

Bit of a leap here, but I think we may have a little bit of a ‘lost generation’ in the youth ranks.

We’ve a few diminiative but technically capable players like Kouyhar and Sangha who were developed as part of the youth set-up under Smith during the ‘philosophy’ years, but haven’t fit into plans under Whitney and Keates who wanted a more physically imposing, direct set up.

With the absence of a reserve team, we also have a host of other youngsters who have been shipped out to lower league or even regional level teams on loan in an attempt to ‘toughen them up’ or are left festering on the out-skirts of the team during key developmental years.

No doubt that Kory Roberts would have played a role this year, but Keates had already earmarked him as a full-back in favour of imposing centre-halves. Similarly, Kinsella has been marginalised despite having a legitimate ‘break-through’ season and hasn’t even been offered a contract.

Definite need to re-assess how we are setting up to play and how the youth development reflects that.

11 Likes

Maz was often in the 18 under Whitney.

Pretty much ignored under DK for whatever reason and now I believe he’s got a bad injury so pretty much lost two year of his football development.

Looking back what surprised me was Candlin was actually an unused sub for the first 7 games of the season. Not being used but he was in Keates thoughts at least.

Seems the way Blackburn move was enigineered didn’t go down well as he came back in January and couldn’t even get back to being involved which seemed a waste with the striker issues and ending the season with about 4 defenders on the bench.

Surely has to start featuring more next season given the lower level.

2 Likes

Although, wasn’t Darrell Clarke manager when Morris scored the last-minute winner at the Memorial Ground? I seem to recall that they used the team’s ‘over-reaction’ to the win as motivation for our humbling by the Gas on Boxing Day! Not a sentence I ever saw myself writing, that one! :slight_smile:

For me, that result was the beginning of the end for the Saddlers this season. And so it proved…

2 Likes

Not sure why people still continue to rate Morris so high. Yeah sometimes he bursts forward and hits a decent shot every 5 or so games but his footballing brain is so poor. There’s a reason he was sent out on loan when we were in a relegation battle.

1 Like

Ok, maybe he is not the brightest player, but he can still offer something, that others can’t. In League Two he can play well, but I see one small problem. Why he would want to sign a deal at the club? It looks like Tranmere can offer better deal for him.

Isn’t Morris out of contract next month or am I missing something?

I’d say his time here is done, can’t see him coming back. Starting tonight for Tranmere in the playoffs.

He’s playing in a very advanced number 10 role, but no-one seems to want to pass to him…

1 Like

Unfortunately I haven’t got Sky :frowning_face:

1 Like

You’re not missing out!

Can see they’ve just scored

You’re right, but thankfully he was sacked a couple of weeks before I think. I’m sure I remember the temporary manager at the time mentioning our ‘over-reaction’.

Morris has been fairly anonymous in the bits I have seen.
Cracking strike for Tranmere goal.

Just put it on who has been sent off?

Forest Green player, Gunning. Kicked-out. A really daft red.

1 Like

SkySports app referring to an assist for Morris for the goal?

Subbed now

Not surprised at that.

1 Like

If I remember correctly hes out of contract but I may be wrong

An assist in as much as he made a short pass to a bloke who strode forward and hit a 25-yarder…