L 1-0 vs Harrogate Town (H) - League Two - Sat 11th Nov, 3pm

Think they might play it for Sadler soon

We will be 19th, everybody is beating them currently, until they play the team that keeps on giving, then we are within striking distance of the bottom. People have not realised how close that may be in a couple of weeks, todays defeat was the worst possible result under the circumstances.

2 Likes

Because heā€™s a troll . Thatā€™s what they do. Asking for reason from them is like asking the cat to put the kettle on.

6 Likes

Canā€™t blame my dad. Heā€™s never been to a match. First match I went to was Albion v Leeds in the Revie era.
Then to Walsall
Only got myself to blame

1 Like

Yeah because 3pm Saturday games are never shown on ifollow in the UK

Thatā€™s just not true.
According to the interview they gave to an Irish journalist two days ago.

You are making things up.

1 Like

I said it after the sutton game mate how close we are and how most teams below us will pick up points ā€¦ i was told to calm down and i was over reacting

Sadler coming out with his usual positive presser which I generally like. However, the line up was fairly negative injuries possibly forcing that. I donā€™t feel we battered them some people are suggesting, we seemed to try and nick a goal from a set piece for most of it. That negative approach doesnā€™t quite lend itself to a team to be ruthless with the chances that present itself in terms of a mentality. Overall frustrating as usual.

Many of the ā€˜defendersā€™ of the rubbish churned up at the moment, will have to think up some pretty convincing reasons why we are down there, if and when it happensā€¦probably ā€˜injuriesā€™ again!

Okay, and Iā€™m sure we will have posters saying we are 7 off the play offs and 7 off bottom 2. Sadly we are not looking anywhere near good enough to catch up on the play offs, much more like a team that will be fighting the wrong end based on recent results.

1 Like

Negatives for me

• owens. Very good stop stopper with reactions but awful from range. Reminds me of roberts . Will cost us more points if he donā€™t improve
  • djt was awful raw no where near ready. However he is 5th choice and injuries forced sadlers hand
  • yet another injury with Riley
  • we canā€™t seem to maintain pressure and let our heads drop which results in there goal after a spell of pressure and bad luck with the ball not going in
  • dj seemed to argue with a lot of the players or was it just me ? Seemed to get annoyed easily

Positives

• stirk and Gordon were class. Close for mom
  • we dominated possession for a change against a strong fast Harrogate who had some tricky players
  • we had lots of shots . Bit more composure or luck we win
  • full strength team including draper , tierney , earing, priestly wins that

Sadler - out of his depth and needs replacing for a stronger manager. However I do feel for him as he obviously wants to try play properly but hasnā€™t recruited for it. Is that on him or trivela for recruitment ? Not signing a proper rb and winger is killing us

3 Likes

But opposing defences often create them for us, as, unfortunately, the Saddlersā€™ defence sometimes does for the opposition. We need someone on the field who can punish the mistakes. Also, Johnson doesnā€™t just score goals from four yards out. Sometimes he scores them out of nothing. Both kinds are in this ā€“ admittedly pre-Walsall ā€“ 20-goal video. Five of the goals are created by the other team. Itā€™s Johnsonā€™s anticipation that makes them look easy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH2Tiu4eKnY

1 Like

Absolutely fuming, never in danger of losing, controlling the game and then we contrive to lose that!? They were utter dogmuck Harrogate were. They had some pace up top and that was about it.

Hutchinson was dissapointing for me, but i thought Knowles had a good game and so did Foulkes when he came on. Owen Evans what a belter of a goal to concede. Bring DJ on all we do is lump it at him. Whats the point? He won less of the ball than DJT did. He looks miles off the pace if folks in the stand cant see why he does not start i give up. Knowles put a pinger off a cross in and DJ was blowing out his arse miles away from play.

I was mostly disappointed how the players gave up when we conceded than the goal too. Weak mentality. That stench of ā€œit will doā€ when we win a couple of games still in the air at the club, i still question the desires of anyone at WFC to make this club better.

And again our subs made us worse, the oppositions improved them. Weve seen it all before. Oh so Bored of it now.

12 Likes

Looking at Harrogateā€™s previous 3 away games, all of which they won, the pattern is very similar:

MK Dons had 66% possession and 27 shots to Harrogateā€™s 3
Newport had 50% (12 shots to 7)
Colchester had 52% (20 shots to 8)
We had 60% (25 shots to 7)

I thought they defended well but we lacked the guile to break them down, and conceded a bad goal (Evans). They had very little going forward apart from the fast winger, Folarin.

3 Likes

For someone with such a negative view of life, and other people, itā€™s a match made in heaven :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ve only been going for 52 years, but seem to have enjoyed the ride a lot more than you seem to have, fortunately.

Itā€™s all about attitude :smiley:

2 Likes

Harsh but the loss is on evans and evans alone
Sadler had no control of his keeper forgetting how to save
The not winning is on poor finishing and lack of composure
Do that game again with our injured players back and smith in goal and we win
For once that loss isnā€™t on sadler imo

2 Likes

I think he went for the win with the desperation sub with RAM coming on, the abuse Sadler got at the end today was unfair in isolation. But we are 17th and everyones sick of it. This club needs a big personality to get it going.

4 Likes

This is absolutely spot on.

Sadler is a wet lettuce. He doesnā€™t inspire anyone.

6 Likes

I just wish when the club is failing year after year and needs a truly fix we donā€™t keep hiring unprepared young managers to fix it. Itā€™s not fair on them dutton, Taylor , sadler . They arenā€™t good enough and we donā€™t have the time to prepare them for life as a walsall manager
They are being hired to fail

6 Likes

For a few years, me and my brothers have been enjoying the pre drinks and chats even during the game far more than the football but we are really starting to get fed up of being shit, may as well just go to the pub instead for the afternoon.

2 Likes