L 1-0 vs Harrogate Town (H) - League Two - Sat 11th Nov, 3pm

The set up of the team and selection from the off set the tone. Sick to death of it

6 Likes

Dj have knowles a right rollucking for that cross Aswell
I agree that was on dj . They obviously don’t get on

1 Like

I thought the cross was poor to be honest.

He put it in without looking.

8 Likes

someone’s gotta be on the end of that though surely, it was like a prossy with her pants down and no one in the room.

That’s a good point :+1:

1 Like

I think Trivela will be telling Sadler in no uncertain terms despite the improvements we have made from the latter half of last season and general feeling around the place 17th just doesn’t cut it although I am fairly sure Sadler will already know that. This defeat will hurt, in the fact it was a game for much of it we looked likely to win and looked in little danger of defeat. I’ll stew on it before elaborating further tomorrow but the disgruntlement in the stands in the latter stages and at the final whistle won’t be lost on any of the hierarchy.

1 Like

Does anyone have access to the BBC WM interview with Sadler ? I forget where to find it.

Awful result against a desperately poor side. Front foot football? Not from what I can see.

Could see the 0-1 coming from a mile away. Unlucky with the second one that hit the post (the keeper had the first covered) but awful generally in the final third. Shooting was atrocious. I know we have injuries but please stick 2 up front, even if it’s Knowles with DJ. Their defence wasn’t properly stretched all game and the lack of width and creativity is killing us.

Don’t think we’ll be in a relegation scrap but we need a win against FGR next time out to start getting some belief back. Lose that and it’ll be time to look over the shoulder again.

1 Like

Put my season ticket money towards a load of gigs. Saw Shed Seven in Warrington in July, saw them in Wolves the other week and watching them in Cov in January. Got the Charlatans and The Levellers at Wolves coming up in December and Foos and Green Day in Manchester next June. I reckon I’m winning on the entertainment and enjoyment front😃

5 Likes

price of gigs now you only get 2 or 3 out of season ticket money :grinning:

1 Like

Agree mainly with that. But we were on top at home and we stuck with 1 up front. DJT was poor but would have left him on or stuck Knowles up with DJ. We just weren’t troubling their centre halves enough. Sadler not proactive enough for me.
I think our dominance was in part due to Harrogates happiness to sit off.

I think any half decent centre forward has gotta be anticipating a cross like that.
UP THE SADDLERS

One that was made by many when he got the gig.

We didn’t need an experiment we needed a manager. Let’s face it the recruitment is equally as racked off as usual. Why waste money on DJ if he isn’t part of your plans? That’s what some on here would have you believe anyway. Could have spent the money elsewhere if he didn’t want him, cos christ knows there is plenty of improvement needed.

Probably not a good day for me to post on here to be honest, other stuff clouding my mind but the truth is we are just shite, and the league table after over a 3rd of the season backs it up.

And before KingCrod starts, no I don’t enjoy it.

8 Likes

I’m classing the extra as the Petrol saving and other ancillaries :joy:

1 Like

It was so typically Knowles. Excellent work getting in to the crossing position. Probably only a few in the league that have the stamina or pace to do that but showed no brains to just drill it in without checking if anyone had made it up the pitch with him.

7 Likes

Exactly.

It wasn’t a ‘decent’ performance. It was bang average. The game was awful. Harrogate were terrible. Their centre half, Mcdonald, is 3 stone overweight!!

5 Likes

The idea that we played well and were on top but it’s just one of those days is madness.

We didn’t have anybody upfront from the start with a realistic league 2 goal threat and we’re leaking goals at the back.

If we had DJ or draper up top and just failed to put one away it’d be bad luck - this was bad judgement.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s a tactic…play a bit crap until Jan…make sure noone looking at our players and then kick on from there.

Or that’s just wishful thinking someone has a game plan

Mcdonald is class for this level with the ball pumped up towards him or played in front of him. He will head it, clear it and block it all day.
The other defender looked the same. Desperately needed 2 up there to occupy them more.
We don’t have enough midfield creativity to consistently play in behind them either.

1 Like