L 1-0 vs Harrogate Town (H) - League Two - Sat 11th Nov, 3pm

Hasn’t worked for the last 4 years so maybe this is the year :grin:

Rooney will be available soon :blush: :rofl:

2 Likes

Evans is useless. Has been poor for many weeks. Must be one of the worst keepers in the League. Should have have been dropped weeks ago but that takes a Manager that knows what he is doing. You build a quality team from the back.
Must also have been Hutch’s worst performance as well.
Comes to something when DD is effectively your main main striker on attacks and corners.
Sadler’s post match shows he is on a different planet to the fans.

4 Likes

Different opinions. I thought we played well, but totally accept that others might nor think the same.

2 Likes

One word describes the afternoon

Hapless

But it could be worse we could have appointed Wayne Rooney
I’m still a believer, a nine game undefeated streak is round the corner.

2 Likes

Genuine question Belph, what did you think of Harrogate?

Typical lower half division 4 team, based on that. I thought that they defended well, particularly the set pieces.
Football is an odd game though, unlike some others. The better team doesn’t always win the game, however, after nine months, and 46 games, you end up where you deserve to end up.

3 Likes

Seem a bit boney to me, not worth the effort

1 Like

We sit 17th in league 2 after losing to Harrogate and their 60 away fans.

Trivela should be ashamed!

7 Likes

Must have been a FLEET of Fiat 500 then :rofl:

1 Like

They arent. Never will be.

Unconvinced by Sadler as of yet, but I’ve never felt the players aren’t motivated to play for him.

Since relegation we’ve had the bolshy windbag, the affable ex-Premiership player and the fidgety pragmatist. None inspired a top-10 finish or a consistent improvement in results or style.

Do we need Big Sam?

They have a new project now.

Strange then how we had our best attacking period after he came on. No doubt his fault Evans threw one in as well

1 Like

The “bolshy windbag” was possibly even probably on his way to a top ten finish in the season that was stopped by Covid. In my opinion that is. Not sure that changes the point you were making but anyway.

Clarke may not have been good enough but Clarke is lightyears ahead of Sadler as a manager. He has the CV to prove it.

5 Likes

Gaffers thoughts

It’s absolutely wasn’t on DJ! It was a shit ball. I don’t know what Knowles point was. He hit the first man, and it went to the keeper.

2 Likes

Positives:

Controlled possession (for once). (Because Harrogate were awful)

Gordon and Stirk had good games

Didn’t really look like conceding (Because of the negative line-up)

Negatives:

Team selection was abhorrent, inspires no confidence, just cowardice and ineptitude

Delayed substitutions and tactical changes

DJT and then DJ isolated up front. I mean I don’t think DJT is much of a footballer at this level or even national league level - but he had no chance today with how we play and “create” chances. DJ had the same problem but was much more vocal in letting his teammates know the standards - I see that as a positive, not a negative.

Knowles and Hutch having frustrating games. Running into dead ends. Poor decision making. Final ball
was shocking. Again I think they’re victims of the system and our lack of pattern of play. Hutch forced wide, Knowles looking to do it all himself.

That midfield 3 having one player in it that can even pass a football. A centre half, a poor defensive midfielder, and a deeper playmaker having to do it all himself in an eight position.

25 shots - 3 on target. Speaks volumes. So many pot shots from range that flatters to deceive on the stats but showcases our lack of ability to play through teams and show any amount of guile. I think I see why Sadler didn’t seem to care about retaining possession before the last two games as clearly his team have no idea what to do on the ball to break down teams, aside from - give it to Hutch (isolated on the left wing) and hope he can create something from way out there.

Sadler after the game calling it a good performance. Standards are at an all time low.

I could go on and on. I just wish we would hire a manager who was brave and forward thinking. Someone who knows how to break teams down with the ball, someone who wants to go at teams, someone who wants to entertain.

7 Likes

Anticipating him hitting the defender and getting the keeper collecting?

1 Like

Different chance. He was moaning about that one but it was deflected. Knowles rolled one across the box and everyone missed it. Or was miles off it, whichever way you want to interpret it.