L 1-0 vs Salford City (A) - League Two - Tue 31st Jan, 7:45pm

2-1 to the good guys.

Make no mistake this is a massive fixture for us, the players need to handle the comedown from the weekends events and get back to the bread and butter of League 2. We need a thoroughly professional performance and I know Micky Flynn doesn’t suffer fools gladly so will demand the players are very bit as on the ball as they were Saturday and if we do that we can win this crucial fixture.

According to my sources over 400 already attending of a Walsall persuasion, fantastic support again.

4 Likes

The clubs official twitter account by any chance… :thinking: :joy:

6 Likes

Louie Barry just joined Salford on loan

That is hardly good news for us…

Plenty near the top looking to give it a good go. Can’t remember Salford being this far up the league at the end of Jan, so I would definitely be concerned about them.
Take a point right now, thanks.

I agree, This is a very tough match on the back of Saturday.

Think we might lose this one unfortunately, crap place to go on a Tuesday night

Is it ever a good place to go?

Very true, I suppose on the plus side both Matt and Monthe should be well rested.

1 Like

Advice on best places to park the car tomorrow night?

I parked in Holden Road last time I went, which is about a 10 minute walk from the ground.

1 Like

Very tough game.
We have a lot of strength in depth un the squad now, so playing two games a week should not be a problem.
As a whole I don’t care for Salford FC too much, it’s really the arrogance of their owners and how they think they’re bigger than they actually are, so I always look forward to beating them at every opportunity.
I’m hoping we can keep our league streak going tomorrow night.

2 Likes

Anyone going that can possibly give me a lift?

See PM

1 Like

With the changes made late on, on Saturday, MF had his mind on this game. As well as we played, we were vulnerable to the press and we were wasteful at times in possession - dangerously so on a couple of occasions.
Salford are no Leicester, but they may have observed and made notes. Also, with new faces arriving, I worry that there is more bedding in to do now and MF will need to make the right selection and find the right balance, particularly in midfield where for me the Kinsella / Comley partnership didn’t work, A Comley / AN Other might not either. I hope that the new arrivals can slip in easily and are not disruptive. Anticipating one or two new arrivals tomorrow, I’m not keen to see a repeat of the first half of the season where it took time to find the right blend and get up to speed.
The play-offs are in reach, so is automatic promotion. I’d hate for disruption to see us going backwards.

2 Likes

Big game this. Bigger than Saturday in my eyes. Looking forward to it but feeling a tad nervous.

Forget which of the “class of ‘92” is running Salford these days. Hope it’s Mark Williams and we get to see him.

3 Likes

Nicky Butt is the CEO

Nicky But is a Cee yoU Next Tuesday along with the rest of the owners :grin:

2 Likes

This a big game no doubt , but ten years ago who would have thought anyone would say that about a Tuesday night game at Salford

we’ve got this UTS

:rofl:Offer here,

This is certainly a must not lose game, a point will suffice…

Then move onto Saturday. with a win.

:pray:Offer

2 Likes