L 1-0 vs Scunthorpe United (A) - League Two - Tue 8th Feb, 7:45pm

Anyone else gewin?

Have had a ticket since they went on sale - Swindon and FGR too. :pray:

2 Likes

Just up the road for me so I will be there along with my brother whoā€™s travelling from Walsall.

2 Likes

Iā€™m gewin - tekkin two others.

1 Like

Rushorth, next Devine, Ward as wingbacks, Monthe and Daniels as centre backs, Kinsella as a holding midfielder (no tackling rule active), Labadie as central midfielder (mainly to dampen opponentā€™s attacks), Osadebe as attacking midfielder (midfield not horizontal, but vertical). Kiernan on left attack, Wilkinson on right, George in the middle. When Oss not fit, maybe Bates could play there. I think he played before as an attacking midfielder (on academy level probably, but still), so probably remembers something. And if miraculously Rodney will be fit, I would use him as a second striker or false nine. And of course donā€™t lose. Draw could be seen as a good result, to stop the current run of defeats.

1 Like

I agree with Joe Edwards. Taylorā€™s position becomes untenable if we lose, especially as we then play Tranmere and Forest Green.

3 Likes

The headline is misleading. Edwards says in the article even a draw wouldnā€™t be enough.

Walsall cannot allow that to happen. The trip to Glanford Park very much falls into the must-win category.

Drawing to a side who have conceded 50 goals in 29 matches is not enough for Taylor.

A defeat, which is not off the table by any means, would be absolutely catastrophic.

1 Like

Good take on things has Joe.

4 Likes

Here we go then it feels like a big game and make no mistake it really is Iā€™m nervous already and itā€™s 25 and a half hours away.Nothing more than a win is any good and these players must show up,the likes of Wilkinson,Osadebe,Kiernan basically everyone apart from Kinsella need to put a shift in.A nervy 2-1 win for me.

I donā€™t think a draw is good enough either. Iā€™d probably take a draw out of some of the upcoming matches but this one really needs to be a win.

These really are worrying times, a win would certainly calm my nerves a little and relieve a bit of pressure.

Coming along yourself Scoob? Thereā€™s sure to be a party atmosphere ā€¦ :lying_face:

BTW For those who havenā€™t been before, the Berkeley Hotel is a decent pre-game pub. Sam Smiths so very reasonable prices (the last place I can remember where I bough a pint for under Ā£2), just a short walk up the main road from the ground, and is away friendly,

3 Likes

My mates are but I just canā€™t justify it anymore during the week, I no longer want to waste the money and the half a day holiday for it.

Mate Iā€™d love to join you again but I donā€™t finish work till half 5 so unless we have a helicopter to avoid traffic Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d make it are you actually going?

Just out of interest, and not intending to get you all reaching for the rope, but whatā€™s our record number of consecutive losses in a season?

Silly question. :rofl:

Fair play to anybody making the trip tomorrow evening. You all deserve medals.
3 points however they arrive is the bare minimum.

Defeat considering upcoming fixtures would be a disaster.
Itā€™s going to be a hard watch similar to games like Barrow at home and Southend/ Grimsby away last season.

1 Like

Keep seeing this, but surely wasnā€™t it 15 ā€˜without a winā€™ until Sunderland, not 15 straight defeats? I could be wrong of course, remember not going to the Sunderland match because everyone thought they would get a cricket score!

Anyone remember the 0-7 at home to Chelskie? Or 1-8 at Boltonā€™s old ground?
God, following the Saddlers needs a strong will!

Think that possibly the two worst sides in the EFL will churn out a drab 0-0. Just hope Scunny donā€™t do a reverse Oldham on us though!

2 Likes

It was 22 games without a win with 15 consecutive league defeats in that run.

2 Likes