L 1-0 vs Scunthorpe United (A) - League Two - Tue 8th Feb, 7:45pm

It was 15 consecutive league defeats. There was a cup match or two in that time (I think we drew with Brentford), but yes, we lost every league game after drawing with Brighton on 26 October until we beat Sunderland on February 11.

2 Likes

It was 15 straight defeats. The 7-0 v Chelsea was the last of the 15, we won at Sunderland the following week.

I also went to the 8-1 at Bolton. We lost 6-3 at Oxford the same season, that was the season we got to the semi final of the milk cup.

Not just the same season, but about a fortnight later. Lost our first two home games, two heavy away defeats, sold our young star defender - Buckley Out! :rofl:

1 Like

All the gory details.

I remember Mark Taylor being sent off in the FA Cup draw with Brentford for a professional foul on their player, that was clear through on goal. Odds on he wouldā€™ve scored for another defeat. Taylor was cheered off the pitch for saving the day.

I remember the Chelsea game, it was the end of our love affaire with Fred Barber :frowning_face:

How many Saddlers making the trip? I reiterate my previous point, those attending make sure you give the players the support they need.

I think the fans that will be making this trip will be the loyalist of the loyal, as they have been all season, so it goes without saying :wink:
And i would expect around 3-4 hundred?

1 Like

Those playing, make sure you give the fans the performance they deserve.

5 Likes

Not sure Iā€™m the silly one :joy: joking apart fair play mate safe journey

2 Likes

I work in Notts, so itā€™s an easy one for me to get to. Iā€™ll be there about 6ish looking lost :smiley:

1 Like

One of the most important games in our history and I doubt there will be more than 200 Walsall fans there to see it.

With Oldham stirring following the appointment of John Sheridan it is vital we start picking up points.

Horribly short of forward options - especially if Rodney remains injured. You fear a drab 0-0 is the best we can hope for.

Oh my!

1 Like

Are you going mate? I wanted to go but I just canā€™t get it to work for me and the lad to get there. I donā€™t really like using Ifollow but I may pay the tenner and suffer it tomorrow, such a huge game as you say.

I donā€™t think a draw is really good enough tomorrow but at the same time I think Iā€™d take it now, we seem to find ways to beat ourselves if the opposition isnā€™t up to it.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be there but going more out of blind loyalty
than anything else.

There club house is: always available to away fans. And is way better than. The pub adjacent to the ground

2 Likes

Lovely stuff. Is that the iron bar or something? Iā€™ve never been before and Iā€™ll be there early enough so will have a mooch

A win is the only thing that will ease nerves.

I wonā€™t hold my breath though

Iā€™m not. Work commitments mean I canā€™t but Iā€™d have been very doubtful anyway.

Ifollow for me too.

Donā€™t worry you will feel at home

I remember the 1-5 home defeat by Oxford that year. We were the better team at the beginning but, once they scored, we fell apart.

We talk about tactics, coaching, commitment but what is often important is confidence and belief. Our players just now seem to play with fear. Taylor even says it himself. There is barely anyone who ever tries anything risky - Osadebe is probably the closest to doing that, despite all his limitations, or even Hayden White - but the midfield almost always prefer a back pass than a forward one. And alongside that, our forward players donā€™t seem to make the runs.

Confidence is one of the hardest things to change - you need a bit of luck, a good goal to lift everyone and character in the team. That last bit is missing too.

3 Likes

Not sure I agree with that. He tries, but a lot of his play looks ā€˜goodā€™ at times but itā€™s most often 1-2s, or heā€™s randomly on the wing or in our own half somewhere.

He doesnā€™t take risks, and I canā€™t remember many times where heā€™s played a through ball, or took someone on at pace, or has a pop ay goal. Itā€™s Al very safe, and often in the wrong area. When it comes to the crunch in key areas of the pitch, he is very limited.

And itā€™s not just himā€¦ the lot of them are like it. Kiernan is the same, his delivery is terrible, Shade too; Wilkinson is the most talented of the front players but is useless if heā€™s not played in his correct position.

Miller, bless him, just runs around like a headless chicken.

In sum, the whole attacking unit is a complete mess.

1 Like