L 2-0 vs Barrow (A) - League Two - Tue 28th Nov, 7:45pm

A reminder of what was promised:

5 Likes

Think he’s confusing the pitch with his teams performance. :thinking:

4 Likes

Glad you found it mate only suggested searching down back of the drawers as it can be good fun .

1 Like

Come on boycott show that you care and and that you appreciate those fans that went tonight and offer them a ticket refund or a free game, It’s the least you owe them.free burger drink anything , cause they bloody well deserve it after that shit show

On the 24th October, when we conceded a 96th minute equaliser to Crawley, we ended up being one point behind Barrow, but if we didn’t concede it, we would have been one point ahead of them.

After tonight’s loss, we are now 16 points behind Barrow, with them now up to 3rd in the league.

:flushed:

6 Likes

Don’t know why everyone’s moaning.

We’re playing much better now.

3 Likes

Genuinely cannot see where our next league win this year will come from then.

2 Likes

Shows that we really are going backwards… And it’s time to say goodbye Mr Sadler and take your coaching staff with you .

2 Likes

Don’t like keep changing managers. But you have to show some kind of game plan and progression to keep your job and Sadler is not showing either.

1 Like

Ive just emailed the SLO, for what its worth…

"Good evening.

I am writing this email to express my personal worries and utter dejection that I feel as a Walsall fan after tonight’s abject, spineless and unforgivable performance.

I have been a fan of this club for over 25 years, since I was a child. I may not have the years of “experience” or “miles behind me” as some of our loyal fans have . But that tonight is the lowest point I’ve ever experienced as a Walsall fan. It’s disgusting.

Could somebody at the club please explain to me what the plan of action is with regards to setting out a team that’s able to actually compete with other teams in this league? For weeks now, there has been no clear and evident course that this club is taking - other than a downward trajectory.

Could somebody at the club please explain why we aren’t receiving any updates or word from the board, compared to how Ben used to address us regularly? Call me cynical, but, now the takeover at Drogheda is complete - it seems that we have been put on the back burner - and that isn’t sitting well with a good majority of fans right now. We need updates and answers please as this is fast becoming a circus act.

Can somebody at the club please explain how after the previous two or three management tenures, who thought Mat Sadler (who was an important cog in those tenures) was the right man to guide this club forward? The football is dire, its completely toothless, aimless and we are heading in only one direction. The board in my opinion need to wake up and act. Please stop gambling with our league status, year upon year and taking us fans for an absolute ride every time the “Early-Bird” scheme comes around.

You unveil a “Marquee Signing” in Danny Johnson, yet for whatever reason is sat getting splinters in his backside for the majority. That to me (and many others) absolutely stinks of an attempt at getting the fans onside to boost season ticket sales. If that isn’t the case - what is Mr Sadler’s problem with playing a proven goal scorer and no doubt one of our highest earners? If Danny doesn’t fit into the plans - please, at least be transparent with us and address that situation. I’m sure we, and Danny himself, are at least owed that.

That squad is not good enough for promotion. However, us fans are realistic and would of taken a steady season of stability before the start of play. We did not expect, and will not settle for any more of this Bottom 6/8 rubbish that’s constantly being served up, year upon year.

I watched on IFollow tonight, and I absolutely applaud the 100 or so die-hards that made the long journey tonight in the freezing cold. There was an absolute shambolic shot of our dug out midway through the second half:

Mat Sadler stood looking absolutely clueless.

Darren Byfield sat down seemingly more interested in keeping his hands and face warm.

And finally. Gary Waddock. Standing in the background, far away from Mat Sadler looking about as useful as a chocolate teapot. Please tell me what input he has? He’s never done a press interview - he never even made a sort of introductory video when he came aboard. He’s unknown to us and it needs addressing.

Fills me with absolutely no confidence or hope whatsoever. Now If that’s how I feel - how can the players possibly be motivated by that?

The club is stagnating and rapidly working its way into Non-League.

I won’t be attending again or pumping any more of my hard earned cash until I see a change for the good. I don’t mean promotions, cup runs etc. I mean a team that I can be proud of, that has an identity and a management team to go with that. Not an inexperienced rookie that has lost the fans and seemingly the players. One that also, stinks of the “cheap option”… again.

Please pass on my thoughts to the board and please take it on board - this is how a heavy majority of Walsall fans now feel.

Please, Mr Boycott. End this project now. It isn’t working and the League table does not lie.

Yours Sincereley…"

Im not very good with words and its hard to put i to an email how I am feeling right now. Im damn sure im not the only one.

37 Likes

I think that’s a good email. Polite but the reader knows that your angry. Let’s see if it promts action or even a reply.

3 Likes

Yeh, it’s a matter of when he’s sacked now, not if. He can’t turn this around, the players have simply switched off and gone in to hibernation football - surviving til the new manager comes along and wakes them up.

That starting XI tonight on paper was far stronger than Barrow - but we look like strangers. None of them have roles, none of them have relationships down the wings or in the middle.

There’s no movement, we just stand still, hoof it forward and let them collect the ball.

Hutchinson, probably our most potent attacking threat is shifted out wide then in to the middle but there’s no apparent change in the way we play.

We defend like school kids, we genuinely stand and watch the ball loop over our heads then react when it lands at an opposition players feet. The first goal tonight is possibly the worst I’ve ever seen us concede from a defensive point of view - a hoofed ball forward from inside Barrows own half, and their player is allowed to bring it down in the penalty area without challenge, take another touch and finish without a man getting near him. Frankly embarrassing.

This is all down to preparation, coaching and organisation.

Sadler should never have been given the job in the first place - it reeked of a panicked “oh shit we’ve missed out on our top 2 targets, who can we get now” at the time, and it shows. I’m hoping Trivela were just naive in this respect and won’t make the same mistake(s) again.

I still harbour the belief that we drove Flynn out of the club. People moan about his football being crap, but it wasn’t up until January - as I’ve said before, something clearly went on in January and given the way we know WFC operates we can pretty much guess it was to do with transfer business. No surprise the season fell away and Flynn got busy finding himself a club that actually had ambitions of playing front-foot football rather than paying lip service to it.

Trivela - this is a mess of your making. In 12 months we’ve regressed to the point of teetering on the brink non league. Own it and sort it out. Less words, less monologues at focus nights, less essays, more fricking action.

12 Likes

A very good email, but more than likely straight in the ‘trash’. They don’t care what us peasants think.

12 Likes

Thanks guys. I suppose every little helps the cause i guess. But yeh, most likely in the bin.

Probably got a message rule to do it automatically!

[email protected]

I’ve sent one in too.

2 Likes

He never acknowledges the supporters, totally distanced !

It’s clear we are in a genuine relegation battle

It’s different this year though because in the past at least Pomlett attended games and could pick up on the discontent eventually taking action to avert disaster.

The relationship with Trivela is different. There is some disconnection and the lack of presence by the new owners will mean they do not act swiftly enough.

Sleepwalking out of the league

4 Likes

he almost became human after the question about the first goal but pulled himself together to say a lot without saying anything again.

3 Likes