L 2-0 vs Barrow (A) - League Two - Tue 28th Nov, 7:45pm

He doesnt care about the supporters said it before

I think MS has got very confused between the pitch and his tactics / performance levels

1 Like

I’ve defended Sadler against much of the nonsense spouted on here from a vocal few who were never willing to give him a chance but I can’t defend that. As you say the pitch is the same for both sides and given we are, or were last time I looked, one of the lowest in terms of possession in the whole league that argument doesn’t carry much weight. There were a number of reasons why we lost last night but the pitch is very low on that list and if he can’t identify any of those reasons, reasons that he himself can do something about, then his tenure at the club will be coming to a very swift conclusion.

18 Likes

I expected us to lose so went to watch the kids play Tividale in the Birmingham Senior Cup and the kids were cack as well, this club is becoming an embarrassment.

3 Likes

This is our league status we are gambling with now. We are heading to a low that we have never experienced in our entire club’s history. That’s not being reactionary or hyperbolic, that is the reality of getting consistently worse in the 4th tier, which we have done.

If we are holding onto Sadler on IFs, when our league status is at risk then that’s the final straw for me. IF we beat Alfreton on our current form, IF we then get a money spinning draw that they’re craving, IF he somehow manages to turn things round with things most likely about to get worse (Draper likely being recalled, DJ out of favour). They have to act now and save our season.

7 Likes

Because it’s the possibility of losing our league status, we need to act now before its too late.

4 Likes

They were dire last night, they were just swiping at the ball at the back and putting it out of play, they all just looked deflated and not happy at all with what’s happening to us at the moment.I’d go as far as some of them were feeling sorry for themselves.We are in December by the time we kick off at Alfreton and I’m struggling to see a style of play and each and every player doing their jobs correctly.This is down to the coaching in my opinion and by now we should be playing like the rest of this league do with a style and players doing the things that’s asked of them.If Sadler can’t produce the things I’ve just mentioned he has to go and we have to employ a manager that will stamp his way of getting us results.

2 Likes

I didn’t see the game so can someone who went or watched it via a televisual device explain what the problem was with the pitch? What was it that made it such a problem for us?

Even their commentators mentioned how it wasn’t very good, but it was bad for both teams and we were just crap :smile:

3 Likes

I resent continually having to put the ‘case for the defence’ on these threads but we were not dire last night. In fact I was surprised how well we passed the ball on that pitch.

Both their goals were fairly agricultural and we should have fought harder to stop them scoring. Looked like a possible foul in their 2nd goal.

Other than when they should have made it 3-0 (when we were pushing up) I can’t recall them having another opportunity.

Again we should have scored at least once. Matt (who I thought did well) should have scored and Knowles had his customary pot shot. I am getting frustrated with him.

We need to work on our crossing and shooting.

In short I’ve seen Walsall play a lot worse. I think we’re on a bad run which is a mixture of poor luck and some poor preparation but unlike others I don’t think we’re in a hopeless downward spiral.

UTS.

Having 11 of our players on it seemed the main problem

1 Like

It looked like it was cutting up badly. Okagabue looked like he was on an ice rink. Divots in the pitch meant the ball bobbled when the ball was passed on the ground.

1 Like

Sorry, Andy. You must have been watching a completely different game of football. It was awful from minute 1 to 90.

6 Likes

I would say it was 4 or 5/10 performance. Dire implies 1/10. It wasnt Sutton away bad. It wasnt as bad as when we lost 0-1 to Barrow at home in the Covid season.

I know this may not be much comfort :joy:

1 Like

Should be the nail.

1 Like

It may not have been as bad as those ones, but as we’ve already had to endure a few absolutely awful performances lately and not had any recent great performances (for pretty much a whole game), plus the trajectory that we’re on, I’d describe it as an unacceptable performance.

It’s worse in context than it would be as a one off game in an otherwise ok run.

2 Likes

I hear everyone who is calling for Sadler’s head and completely understand why, the standard of football and our league position are not good enough - nowhere near.
Like most of you, Sadler was not my first choice as manager, but Trivela decided to appoint him despite our opposition to it.
If I were BB I would give MS until the end of the year to turn things around, failure to do so will cost him his job. I would then bring in an experienced manager to steady and steer the ship.
It’s not like the new man will inherit a side without ability, we have it all over the pitch, we just don’t see it utilized very often.

1 Like

Which assumes any decent manager worth his salt will accept a job with the prospect of relegation from the football league on his CV! No chance.

1 Like

The divots would’ve been hard on the pivot

That team knew what they were doing last night going through the motions because they have some beef with our star player who had a tshirt with is name on it getting a % of sales you watch Saturday when they’ve got a chance of getting into the third round and the possibility of getting a plum tie bet you it’s different on the telly as well they’ll play like there in the shop window