L 2-0 vs Forest Green Rovers (H) - Papa John's Trophy Group L - Wed 10th Nov, 7pm

Glad you reminded me

Why is is 19:00 not 19:45, cant be anything to do with daylight cos its dark at 17:30-18:00

I would think they are missing a trick on attendance by nit giving those who actually work the chance to get back, have something to eat, shower and change, travel and have a few pints

You just bet me to it…great minds eh ?

Can’t be that great 'cos we don’t know the answer. :grin:

I doubt it is a club decision because all the other games in this comp kick of at 19.00

Maybe as it’s £1 for kids and finishes around 9pm they hope to get a few more in that way?

It seems a fairly standard time for the games in this competition these days. I think they once mentioned about it being to allow more youngsters to attend as not too late a finish on a school night. But the main reason for most evening games games now being 7:45-8:00-8:15 rather than the old 7:30 of my youth (apart from TV) is to allow more time for fans (especially the away ones) to make the journey after work. As there aren’t usually that many for these games, what is the point in delaying?

https://twitter.com/WFCOfficial/status/1458461356554866692

I’m sure they don’t, I think some have kicked off at 1945.

It’s so the academy team players and future England stars can get to bed at a reasonable time on a school night. You know, players like John Ruddy and Olly Lancashire.

1 Like

For Home fans who have to work and then travel half an hour or more? If it was a day when I was scheduled to work until 1900 I wouldn’t be able to get there and have missed some in the past for that reason.

As I say, I believe that is why most evening games now start AFTER 7:30 which was the old standard. But as the turnout for the EFL Trophy has been historically low and is declining, it’s a toss up between allowing the odd late worker to make it vs enabling a few more youngsters to.

You’ll just have to knock the “eat, shower and change” on the head then.

Thanks for that. I had forgotten…going out for a meal. Must make sure I am back by 7.00pm.

7 changes from Saturday - including our first chance to see Khan in action.

Perry playing AM is interesting. I’d have rested Labadie to be honest and Id have rested Ward … if we had any body else in his position.

Interested to see what Khan has to offer.

Literally playing everyone who isn’t a first team starter. Gives them all a good rest except ward who’s like super stamina man

1 Like

Shows we have good depth to this squad, especially considering the key players out injured as well.

People was saying a couple of weeks ago there was no depth to the squad

Think Ladabie is banned for Saturday mate.

2 Likes