L 2-0 vs Mansfield Town (A) - League Two - Sat 15th Jan, 3pm

He wouldn’t say this to other fans faces. He’s a cowardly little troll.

1 Like

Well I like to think that the DoF and the coach are as disappointed with our season so far as we are and I therefore expect some steps to be taken in this window to improve the team. It is not easy in this window but it has to be done in my view. It was reported that we are looking at permanent signings and I hope that happens.
If nothing or very little happens then the Club will deserve all the criticism it will get.

Anyone think there’s anything in this Kinsella rumour?

Non of the press guys at the game are denying the rumour which is a bit suss

2 Likes

Here we go :man_facepalming:

Yes mate, even the most stupid of managers would have given him a run today.

I’d love to be a plant elN. Borage, that’s what I’d choose to be. It gets a poor press but I think it’s a stunner of a plant.

Any chance of you explaining why you’re pinning this latest debacle on the supporters?

6 Likes

To take 900 to Mansfield today is incredible considering we must have the most boring, ambitiousless Club in the whole of the football league pyramid to support. The fans deserve so so much more . And if they want to shout out their frustrations at the match so be it.

8 Likes

One supporter can be blamed Mr Pomser.

1 Like

That is what you get when you are relying on one striker who hasn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo in 15 odd games.

1 Like

If true, it’s a great move for Kinsella and I think we’d wish him all the best. Someone who come through the academy and gave absolutely everything each time he worse a Walsall shirt.

His quality and best position (@Thanatos :smiley:)will always be debated but he’s one of the few that will come out of these recent years with any sort of credit. Good luck Liam, get out of here while you can!

9 Likes

To be fair Miller was good today , I know he’s a striker and judged on his goals , but considering the service he gets and the “system” he never gives in or let’s head drop .He was extremely unfortunate with his self created chance just before they scored .
In my humble opinion I think the system is more to blame than the players

7 Likes

Tom Marlow must have said ‘that’s one for Miller to chase’ about 50 times in the commentary.

8 Likes

That’s a very interesting take on what I said Tom. Please point out where I blamed the fans for today’s result.

What I did point out was how embarrassing some are when, not content with commenting on the fact that we lost another football game and we had some strange decisions in the line up, seek to make up preposterous rumours and make statements about the club/matt Taylor or whoever “lying” or suggest “Pomlett out” when, due to the set of circumstances left us by bonser, he is pretty much the only option we have right now.

I think supporters who travel great distances to support the team and do so throughout the 90 minutes are the very lifeblood of the club, and I applaud each and every one of them. I’ve been there, it’s a thankless task and full of disappointment, with the odd golden nugget thrown in along the way, making it all worthwhile.

You do have a track record for doing exactly that though. I think you said the other day ‘Walsall fans get everything they deserve’ or words to that effect, so don’t get on your high horse with patronising platitudes just because a few people have called you out on it.

Also, how can you say it’s embarrassing that fans are questioning the fact that a player who apparently tested positive for COVID played for another team last night? :joy: It’s bad communication/management if anything, just include a line in the website clarifying that and it doesn’t become an issue. :man_shrugging: Even mentioning that and today’s ‘performance’ in the same post just shows that you absolutely love to have a dig at those who are actually paying to watch this tripe.

8 Likes

As I say, an interesting take. Walsall fans do get what they deserve. We all, in life, get what we deserve.

Congratulations on writing a post that doesn’t say or mean anything.

4 Likes

That may well be the case, but due to the transfer dealings of the club, he is our only recognised striker and hasn’t scored for 14 games. In those 14 games he has had some great chances and not taken them.

I’m not saying that Miller is the sole problem, however Taylor can’t keep saying we are creating chances and not taking them when those are the stats for our only recognised striker. It is starring us in the face.

We took him out of the starting XI against Crawley and realised again, for the sixth time of asking , that Wilkinson is ineffective as a striker. Of the 6 times he has played there, he has scored no goals. Phillips has had 7 opportunities playing as a striker and scored 2 goals.

Therefore we have to continue with Miller, and I’m not convinced that every game that goes by where Taylor is talking about missed chances, it is doing his confidence any good.

Best thing to happen to Miller will be one to go in off his backside just break the rut :smiley:

1 Like

WTF does that even mean. You’re a troll.

3 Likes