L 2-0 vs Mansfield Town (A) - League Two - Sat 15th Jan, 3pm

I guess it doesn’t help when some of our key players in key positions are loans, e.g. the likes of Rushworth, Miller, wingers (who should get fans excited). They are less attached to the club so know they will have a future (more some than others) away from bescot.
The likes of Jimmy Walker, Clayton Ince, Wrack, Leitao etc showed real passion and care for the team - emotion on the pitch if things weren’t going well as well as how they related to the fans off it. Seems like those times have mostly gone these days in football (and I’m not just meaning at WFC).

1 Like

…and why bring to Phillips on, wide right, then end up with Wilkinson on the left!?

I would go as far as saying that the next two weeks are probably the most important in the history of the Club. For the reasons you say, are they going to stick or twist?

Walsall have always been inept in the transfer market, giving our talent away - even more so in recent years. I wonder if Boner realised just how much damage was done with the one- minute-to-midnight deadline transfers of Fox and Dann back in 2008. A feat that has been repeated since, not least this time last year. The Club has been hollowed out and doesn’t deserve the support that it gets.

So what’s it to be? Is Walsall going to do some business? Or are they simply going through the motions. People aren’t going to stand much more of this.

8 Likes

In the loo at the at the end of the game the bloke next to me was adamant that Kinsella was already on his way to Ipswich - he’d heard from several different people sitting near him, and it had to be true or else why wasn’t he even in the squad today? Probably already there having a medical.

“But he was on the bench” met with a point blank denial - even after I pointed out our fans had been chanting his name as he warmed up right in front of us in the second half. :joy:

Just waiting for someone to chip in that he’s just overtaken them on the A14 to provide conclusive proof …

6 Likes

That’s the thing though mate there are quite a few that will

1 Like

Just seen Kinsella in the Maccy D’s just off the A14 - he was in the queue reading a copy of Tractor Weekly. So that’s it then: he’s off.

2 Likes

He spent the afternoon harvesting mangel-wurzels in a field a couple of miles from Stowmarket, wearing a nice blue and white scarf to keep him warm.

1 Like

Just seen him in HMV buying the entire Ed Sheeran back catalogue on vinyl, an Ed Sheeran T-Shirt and two posters that I can only assume are to decorate the walls of his digs.

1 Like

A bit of a video nasty for a Saturday night

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12517142/mansfield-2-0-walsall-league-two-highlights

2 Likes

I’m embarrassed we have to play Stephen Ward. Ain’t the bloke earned enough money to not rinse us for a few quid before he’s scrap. Seen more life in a dead jellyfish.

4 Likes

Don’t worry chaps, we will have another good week on the training ground to put it all right!!!

5 Likes

Just look at Whites defending for the first :rofl::rofl:

Guys a poor man’s Norman

is that the same as Ash Taylor last week, and we see him turn up 6 days later somewhere else

3 away days and NIL points with Kinsella stuck on the bench :thinking: no wonder he want’s away

2 Likes

DOF couldn’t direct traffic

Miller was good today

2 Likes

Pomlette, Mole, Gamble and the rest of the S H I T on the board F off NOW, you are sending this club down

2 Likes

Don’t disagree but he defo needs a rest from a mental standpoint. Isn’t working for him at the moment and there’s a player in there so a lot of it has to be in his head

Mansfield showed the value of two mobile big forwards

Never saw us promoted with one up front

Please Matt give Miller some support -it will be your downfall the fans aye happy and this board are bottlers -they will let you take the can.

1 Like