L 2-1 vs Accrington Stanley (A) - League Two - Sat 23rd Dec, 3pm

Who are they?……Exactly.

This actually is a tough fixture, rather than when we pretend Forrest Green at home is. Happily take a draw, absolutely delighted with a win.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/WFCOfficial/status/1738560090771194111?t=JEmzzJ233WhwUiDzsqmAgQ&s=19
2 upfront

1 Like

Matt deserves a chance to prove himself, don’t blow it.

Preferring Stirk and Knowles to Hutchinson and Maher is predictable but disappointing. Tierney and Riley unavailable, thank heavens, Saddler would doubtless select them too.

Matt and Draper upfront could be interesting

Draper and Matt are too alike in my view.

3 Likes

Wish Draper could win, hold and pass the ball like Matt.

1 Like

Draper and Matt as a front 2, and no Hutch (presumably Tierney still not over the hamstring tweak at Notts County).

Just like I predicted teamwise :grin: - but I hope the game isn’t as dour as I feared. It’s horrible and drizzly, the pitch will be heavy, lumpy, and greasy on top, so I’m not expecting a demonstration of total football fron either side this afternoon - it will be more, 2 falls, 2 submissions, or a knock out.

Plenty of power and physical presence but Zero pace.Great if we can put some good set pieces in or crosses in.

Do you think he’ll be able to cut it here tho

2 Likes

In terms of both being ‘big’ men, I guess they are, although someone pointed out after last match that Matt is more the classic target man of back to goal, hold the ball up and bring others into play, whereas Draper likes to chase the channels more and try to out-muscle players on the run for the ball etc.

I’d have liked to see DJ alongside one of these two for more of a difference, ideally playing alongside Matt if Draper heading back to Lincoln proves to be true. Hopefully there will be a chance at some point in the game.

UTS

1 Like

Both Big men and both get assaulted week in week out too mate.I can’t believe how little they get from the referees in this league.

1 Like

Totally agree mate. Not seen much of Matt since he came back into the team, but watching Draper in games earlier in the season, it was unbelievable he didn’t get more free kicks.

1 Like

Matt was good when he came on, but I’m still not sold considering all the absolutely abysmal performances on the other side of the ledger. Hopefully he’s turned a corner and continues improving today.

So long as it’s not Wham cRap like the last time we were here. :roll_eyes:

Let’s see how it pans out today. At least starting with 2 upfront is a positive selection.

Draper has been missing in action since injury, for me it would be who plays along Matt at the moment. Would be great to see Matt and DJ start firing, imagine playing strikers In form that we actually own who would dare to beleive! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

1 Like

Don’t allow the results of your fav footy team spoil your festive period, but anything can happen. It’s a magical period of the year and not everyone gets the wished gift.

I before E except after C.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: