L 2-1 vs Bradford City (A) - League Two - Sat 3rd Sept, 3pm

My problem with Flynn is that he thinks we have been playing well most of the time, but failed to finish teams off when in the lead.

We have not been playing well. We have the second lowest number of short passes in the division, and it seems that most of those have been between Monthe and Daniels.

Until Flynn realises what is going wrong he will not be able to put it right.

3 Likes

If I was a player I wouldnā€™t be happy listening to that interview.

He needs to big up the players available.

1 Like

Come on now. Thereā€™s making us the new Man City and there is losing out to Rochdale or somebody for players.

He looks like Dutton and Clarke did though in that interview demoralised.

1 Like

I thought the same. Never seen a manager look so pissed off.

1 Like

Thatā€™s because itā€™s the same cycle every year, with fans then putting the blame on the managers head. Bloke was a messiah a few months ago, now heā€™s apparently chucking his toys because were ā€œnot Man Cityā€.

Nobody seems to stop and question that the decision makers at the club are the same people, just with a green as grass yank thrown in that relies on Leigh Pomlett for his mentoring advice.

Happens every season. Post transfer window the Walsall manager says he ā€œhas to work with what heā€™s gotā€. Give it a few months and we will all having to be ā€œpulling togetherā€. Then a few months time it will be ā€œsome of these lads are playing for their careers hereā€.

3 Likes

How many managers can keep being blamed though? Pep would struggle here in recent years

1 Like

Flynn is the decision maker on all the important football matters, such as who comes to the club, who leaves the club, who plays in the first team, how the team is set up, the tactics and substitutions.

Nope. As with everything in life the bill payer is the decision maker.

Whatever the soundbites issued. Decent mangers canā€™t operate within the limitations of Pomletts budget. Look at Clarke. He walked and got Vale promoted. Has Trivela improved the playing budget. Not sure tbh

1 Like

Probably a bit not enough to make big signings though when i say big i mean players other clubs at this level or close have signed that would have done a good job for us.

1 Like

You know that is not true. As far as bringing players to the club Flynn is given a budget, and he then makes all the decisions about how it is spent.

You seriously believe that Flynn is not 100% in charge of team selection and tactics?

I find the strange reluctance to criticise Flynn rather baffling. He has a very difficult job, but so far he is not doing well.

1 Like

It is though. ā€œMichael came to me with 4 names and we have managed to get all fourā€. If Flynn was the decision maker for that why would he ask Pomlett?

Obviously not, that is a separate issue. Kind of restricts his team selections and substitutions if the players he thinks we needed are at other league two clubs though

Not true. Find the Mayo deal totally baffling as well as the decision to release Leak. Find some of his in game decisions baffling too so far this season. But if this season flops Iā€™ll be far more pissed off with the lads in the suits.

If heā€™s pissed off we missed out on a player or two its understandable. But, he needs to get past that, be a big boy and manage his team and players going forward to improve results. I have no interest in watching a manager sulk for the next few weeks, I want him to get on with the job in hand and lead by example. Iā€™m confident he will.

4 Likes

He cuts a frustrated figure for sure, it is obvious the club moved heaven and earth to make further signings but it wasnā€™t to be. We now need to crack on with what we have got, no point sulking over what weā€™ve missed out on. A good result tomorrow will put a lot of the disappointment of yesterday right.

Where does it say that he asked Pomlett for permission to sign the players? He told Pomlett who he wanted and they all came here.

Flynn decides who he wants. Then the details of deals and contracts are worked out in consultation with the clubā€™s officials and chairman. You cannot really expect the team manager to simply phone up a player or a club and then himself do all the legal and financial work that is involved in employing a footballer. He has to tell the chairman who wants.

1 Like

Correct, in all walks of life all budget spend has to be sanctionedā€¦just the way the world works.

1 Like

Come on now :joy: :joy: :joy:

Yeah so they are the decision makers! Jesus Christ.

You seriously think that Flynn should do all the HR and legal work himself, draw up the contracts and sign the cheques, and that the first thing that Pomlett, Boycott and Gamble know it about is when they see the players on the pitch?

On what planet does that happen?

Flynn choses all the players who come here, to try to blame Pomlett and Boycott for any of them is crazy.

1 Like

NO! :joy: :joy: :joy: Iā€™m saying it should work the way that it does ā€¦ BECAUSE THE CHAIRMAN DECIDES WHO HE F***ING PAYS! Simple as.

No planet and not this one either. But you canā€™t go ā€œFlynn makes the decisionsā€ but also go, ā€œwell he doesnā€™t decide how much we offer, how much we offer a player wages, how long the deal will be for, if itā€™s too much or too little ā€¦ but he makes all the decisions!ā€ :joy: