L 4-0 vs Aston Villa (H) - Wed 21st July, 7:30pm

Also worth noting that YouTube isn’t the club taking action for the disabled fans, they’re just live captions that don’t always add up to what’s being said.

1 Like

Apart from the fact that it is by definition discrimination and alienates supporters, including many of the senior supporters, that have hearing difficulties or are deaf

1 Like

Unless it was a case of going to B&Q for a cheap jet wash and paying somebody £ 50 to do it

1 Like

I’ll just have to bite the bullet and pay it :laughing:,

You are impatient :joy:

Yeah, what’s six months? Been waiting years for change!

When does the selection process for the new SLO begin? Surely you can’t have the same bloke indefinitely.

4 Likes

I’ve never understood what the point of the SLO is.

Presumably, to intercept the enquiries the senior management are too busy to deal with.

If he passes stuff on quickly, although doesn’t appear to follow up on it, would it be unfair to add a W to the end of SLO?

5 Likes

That would work if the SLO had enough knowledge to be able to answer queries without having to contact the club for the answer. At the moment that doesn’t seem to be the case, so we have a situation where the fans’ representative (appointed by the club, not the fans) acts as a glorified email forwarding service.

If the club were serious about it they would appoint a club employee to monitor their info@ email address and quickly respond to emails.

3 Likes

Don’t be silly, the fans are an inconvenience most of the time

4 Likes

He lives up to his name because he SLO at everything

I’ve never seen it as discrimination, despite the fact DSA would be for me too probably, but I’m not trying to start a big fire from a small thing. I think subtitles are a small thing to add, to, how to put it, make the Walsall experience better. But ok, cost. That explains nearly everything.

You havent been to the ground in person, perhaps when all of this is over, you may change your mind and you would get a warm welcome and be looked after

Maybe you do not realise that the stand under where the camera stands is colloquially know as the OAP stand. Agreed there are a lot of people 50-some in there 80s and invariably they have hearing problems and many of these have been using iPads and computers to entertain themselves shopping and keep in touch with family

It is quite a common problem for people. Personally speaking I lost mine completely overnight a few years ago after being in bed for a week with what was called “man flu” by my other half

Must say I was very disappointed on my last visit by the complete lack of numbering for seat rows, ended up counting from the bottom to find out what my row was (after once causing an individual to have explosive meltdown when the wife and I dared to sit in HIS ‘season ticket’ seat, in a sparse crowd of around >3,000!).
How difficult, and/or costly would it be to provide a set of stencils and a can of spray paint and an apprentice twidling a thumb or two?

2 Likes

Stadium ‘deep clean’ deserves it’s own thread.

Shocking.

First part is quite unlikely to happen, I even have problems to see myself as a supporter, but for the second part, I have some hearing problems too, quite minor for now would say, so I understand what a painful situation it can be. I just don’t understand why the club doesn’t want to be more active and try to solve some issues before they happen, not after. But ok, money, but where does cost stop and investments start? That’s the question.

Regarding sub titles…maybe we could get someone to “sign” it.
Say Richard Money or Will Grigg or… … ?

Looks like Pomlett’s already started laying the law down to the new cleaning contractors…

2 Likes