Latest pomcast

A rather strange post from you. We all know the answer but surely it is best to avoid avoidable costs if we can.
I was speaking to a Swindon fan today and she apologised for all the flares. Apparently they are a regular occurrence with their fans and the Club have been fined because of them. She said the Chairman who has put a lot of money into the club was getting fed up losing money that way.

1 Like

I personally think flairs add to the atmosphere of the game if ever you watch the bundesliga or saw West Ham at Eintract Frankfurt Thursday night you’ll get what I mean.

1 Like

You can laugh at me all day long but you are missing the humour and fellowship many of us get from going to a game. To me it is more than the 95 minutes we see most weeks.

2 Likes

Can’t see why it is “strange”. The chairman made a thing of associating the mistakes of the fans with the playing budget. I’d love to know the quantum involved. He chooses to equate the actions with the playing budget because he feels that is an emotional juxtaposition.

Yet when the board make a mistake you will never hear such a link. When we sacked Matt Taylor, we didn’t say that we had agreed a compensation package at a considerable detriment to the playing budget. And when McDonald followed him a week later we didn’t say “and there goes more of the playing budget”. When we appointed consultants to work out a decent match experience because our board couldn’t work one out, we didn’t say that hiring them came from the playing budget.

It isn’t an accident that when fans are being told off the unit of currency is the playing budget and yet when the board make mistakes, the cost of those mistakes is never equated with the playing budget.

26 Likes

Add actually spending money on Rodney, too.

2 Likes

Wonder if Pomlett will dedicate 4 minutes of his next Pomcast slating Swindon fans?

Surely their pitch invasion has absolutely decimated our playing budget!!! :rage:

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Jamie Fullerton Matt Taylor Brian Dutton all must have been compensated has that not affected the budget more than a few fans running on the pitch?

1 Like

Absolutely. That falls on Pomlett though and we all know he won’t take responsibility for anything.

1 Like

Not a chance!

The mask has slipped for me.

1 Like

Not as bad as playing “Bringing On Back The Good Times” at full time. Takes the piss :joy:

1 Like

Great post, can’t wait to read the reply and counter argument.

1 Like

So are you saying we should have kept those “failures”? Because in football most coaches / managers fail at some point and have to be paid off. Those sort of costs are unavoidable in this business.
As for his comments on the police costs I think you a making a mountain out of a molehill. He was simply pointing out that actions have consequences. Grown men should not be on the pitch . I can excuse youngsters getting excited (although rare at Walsall) but for adults to behave in that way is not to me acceptable.

2 Likes

This isn’t what he is saying!

The impact of having to pay off so many staff members impacts on the playing budget far more than a few fans encroaching when we score.

Whoooooooooooooosh.

We’ve had a lot of those failures in the short-term, root cause of those are Pomlett & Co piss poor decision making. Would suggest that has cost us a lot more cash in the short term than a few “fans”.

1 Like

I’m not saying that and I think you know it. :grinning::grinning:.

Human beings make mistakes. All of us. If those mistakes talk to a morality like the tweet then contextualise it that way. And I agree with him entirely on the tweet by the way and I hope the author is banned for a very long time. If those mistakes have a business impact and are couched in that way then measure all the communities of Walsall FC equally. A vague, unquantified poke isn’t worth the airtime on the video unless the objective was to have a vague, unquantified poke.

Anyway - that’s probably my mountain finished. Have a good ‘un. :+1:t3:

Why not, it’s what we do. Mole, Gamble, Whalley, Gilman…

4 Likes

Biggest failure to date Is pomlett. And his board.
Of. Bonserets

8 Likes

New season walkout music…

My team is always playin’
And I should not be sayin’
That we don’t get no lovin’
And that’s no lie

We spent some time in League One
And even some above that
Now we’re about to kiss League Two good-bye

Don’t blame it on the sunshine
Don’t blame it on the moonlight
Don’t blame it on the good times
Blame it on the Boner

That nasty Bonser bugs me
But Walsall it has drugged me
Sausage rolls are burning on the stove

So now the season’s ended
And fans are all offended
So much for giving it a good go

We just can’t, we just can’t, we just can’t help ourselves…

2 Likes

It’s positive to get a Chairman that communicates with the fans. No doubt about that. Not many others do.
But the reality is you need to do it professionally and openly or don’t do it at all imo.
What we have ended up with is communication that tells part of a story and that part of the story is doctored so much that it upsets the very fans that it was meant to inform.
Why doesn’t he just stick with talking to us front faced with a suitable modern backdrop and with some slicker production values?
Being asked irrelevant questions by our amateur analog media bloke who fails on every post match video is not the answer.
He should also get a couple of people he trusts (not Mole or Gamble or Wallet) to listen and edit and mentor the sort of questions that need an answer. Most of the reality questions have been covered on this thread already but not mentioning the cost/upset of changes like DOF and the overall strategy effect is just daft and makes us think the Board do not accept responsibility for anything.
And lastly while all of us think the arrival of MF is the best thing that has happened in a decade, why portray a feeling he is frightened of what happens next? He should be portraying MF as someone the Board will back with all the Budget possible to give him the best chance of success.

2 Likes