Leyton Orient (A) - Mon 5th April, 3pm

Of course he will, this is one of the countries best young managerial prospects you know! He will be thinking whatever ‘team’ we put out, we are up against the strongest attacking team in the EFL! ‘Standard’ as Armstrong & Miller would say.
Wouldn’t life be good if we were to get our opposition to worry about us for a change? But hey we are bottom of the ‘form’ league, with an attacking force like we have any girls under 12’s team would be looking forward to beating us with glee.
We desperately need a win that would confirm Dutton’s fabulous ability as a football manager…so 2-0 defeat it is then.

1 Like

I’d rather go for it like we did against Harrogate and lose 2-0 than sit back and get beat the same score line but that’s just me mate,it’s infuriating to know what’s coming isn’t it?

1 Like

Surely the only change should be Sinclair for Bates to give us a bit more experience in midfield.That is assuming everyone is fit.

1 Like

Given the performance last game it needs to just stay simple. Keep pretty much the same squad and tell them to finish off what they started last game.

It’s going to come to a head. We need a win, Dutton needs the win. If we get it we get some breathing space. If we don’t then the silver lining is Dutton goes (I hope).

2 Likes

That will never happen, Dutton is here for the duration, Pomlett thinks he’s great, even if we do not win again this season, Dutton will be our manager for season 21/22. Really great to look forward too ain’t it!

That will turn a lot of Saddlers supporters into just Saddler fans.

If we manage to even score it will be a miracle I think their keeper has the 2nd most clean sheets.

You take one of those nil nils but I think we will succumb to a 3-0 defeat.

He plays for Chile as well.

Ex-Liverpool player, went on loan to Swindon and tried to pay Di Canio a fine in 1p pieces :joy::joy:

1 Like

I can get on board with that behaviour :joy:

1 Like

I can see us reverting to 3-4-1-2
I’m expecting

Roberts
Leak, Clarke, Sadler
Kinsella Sinclair Perry Melbourne
Holden
Lavery Gordon

but would prefer

Roberts
White, Clarke, Sadler
Wright Kinsella Sinclair Melbourne
Holden
Lavery Gordon
for the reason that White’s experience would compensate for Wright’s inexperience at wing back.

Regardless, is it really win or bust for Dutton?
If we lose he’s gone.
If we draw will LP just be tempted to add the DoF.
If we win, then it’s a mixed bag. 3 points but Dutton stays.

So you’d drop Perry? And put kinsella back in the middle? Truth be told he shouldn’t change the team at all and should pick the exact same 11 which started against Harrogate imo

Yeah, I agree with this.

Kinsella at RB was very good on Friday.

For an away game I’d play 3-4-2-1 with 2 defensive midfield + Holden. At home I’d play 1 defensive midfielder + Perry and Holden. If he plays 3-4-1-2 and you play Kinsella right wing back then you leave out Wright. If he plays 4-4-2 it leaves Bates or Sinclair alongside Perry which is a little too lightweight for my liking.

I’m going to go for 1/0 to us

It’ll be 0-0 Until Holden comes on late on picks out osidebe who starts a blistering counter attack which lavery rounds off with a finish sliding in at the back post

:sob::sob::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Does anyone honestly believe if we don’t win this duttons gone? Personally think he’s here til season end at minimum unless relegated

Might depend on results for Grimsby and Southend. If they win and we lose can LP afford to stick with Dutton?

I feel that whilst Brian is improving us visually as a footballing team which I’m sure everyone can agree he has done and as long as he’s picking up draws and we aren’t in any immediate danger of going down Leigh’s not going to let this Hot Prospect go I’m afraid folks.

2 Likes

Yeah, I do.

2 Likes

I don’t think it matters that much now. We are almost certainly staying up inspite of this self-induced near calamity. What matters is Pomlett getting getting his next 6 or 7 decisions absolutely bang on.
Not a bit wrong and learn from it down the line.
Not some whaffly vid in 6 months time.going … I got this bit right but I got this bit, and this other bit wrong.
Start getting stuff right, Its not that difficult running a 4th division football club if the people at Morecambe, Cheltenham and Harrogate can manage it. Or historically if Bonser and Wheldon can get promotions at the first time of asking.

Time for excuses over, time to stop “punching below our weight”.

1 Like

To confirm, this won’t be a 4-2 win

1 Like