Liam Roberts departs

Another absolute abject loser. Not fit enough to lace the boots of our goalies gone by. Wont be missed by anyone.

1 Like

Just hope we sign an experienced goal keeper now

He was worse than Robbo :joy: :wink:

Well that has knackered up the 5-a-side games when we get back for pre-season!!! One side will have to play rush goalie!!!

This reminds me of when we got shot of Bakayoko. Totally out of the blue we’ve got another average player off our payroll, and possibly got a fee too.
The stars and planets are aligning people- this is going to be our season!

Laters Poppadom

Must have been told he’s going to be their Number 1.

Surprised, but happy. He needs this change as much as we do. Hope we didn’t pay them too much to take him :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Wonder if we will sign a keeper tomorrow you have to think MT would line a replacement up before giving the green light to the move on the other hand it’s no use keeping someone who is not in your plans replacement lined up or not.

1 Like

All the best Robbo. As others have said, probably the best move for both parties. Hope we bring in an experienced keeper. If we do, the spine of the team will be extremely solid.

I don’t think we particularly need an experienced keeper, just someone who is good enough to compete with Rose as the experience of Maik Taylor should be enough for a youngish keeper to want to improve under him.

You would have thought so, so why did Roberts flourish under cuts and seem to regress under Maik?

1 Like

Agreed if I am honest.

1 Like

Would hardly say he ‘flourished’, whilst Cutler was here Roberts started 6 league games and was 3rd choice behind Etheridge/MacGillivray and second choice behind Gillespie, in the last season Cutler was here Roberts played 24 games (19 of those after Cutler left in the January) and kept just 5 clean sheets.

8 Likes

Thought he had huge potential in the 17-18 period. A feww of his performances at end of that season kept the team up.

However him making a few errors in the relegation run in really dented his confidence and he never recovered.

Still had some fantastic games like Stevenage away when he was one man wall after the Kinsella red but errors like Newport away that cost two points or even conceding that late penalty at Crawley, as harsh as it was, aren’t good enough.

Still you’d imagine club will be all over getting in an experience number one so excited to see who comes in.

Really wanted him to succeed as he is local and has been at the club for several years. On his day has been a match winner many times. Couldn’t understand why his kicking never improved? Even mine has improved, Lol. After the errors of last season I think that the Bescot faithful would’ve been on tenterhooks whenever he was called on to make a catch, receive a back pass or make a save. I think that would’ve got to him and along with the savage criticism he would inevitably get from some of our brain dead fans who only recognise mistakes and miss the overall contribution players make, could’ve resulted in ending his career. So a good move for us and him. Wish him all the best.

4 Likes

Best of luck to him.

3 Likes

I certainly think Cutler would got more of a tune out of him.

Considering O’Donnell and Etheridge were lower league journey keepers when both turned up here and both have since played championship or higher I agree.

Cutler certainly far better at the keeping coach job than Oakes, Maik Taylor or whoever else replace Cuts.

2 Likes