Mansfield Away - Saturday 15th October

I can’t understand why we put the flood lights on second half yesterday.

2 Likes

To burn money, and upset the fanbase? :wink:

2 Likes

It makes a mockery of the proposed 1 PM kick-offs during the winter months. During the middle of winter it will be darker all day long a lot of days than it got before 5pm yesterday.

1 Like

Can only think the ref requests it at half time if he deems it’s too dark in some of the corners to judge fouls or whatever.

Does feel ridiculous to play any weekend game at 1pm before clocks go back anyway.

1 Like

They were on almost all game mate.

3 Likes

Apparently the ref requested they be put on.

On TV?

Nope, it’s not on TV as Hull v Luton is live on Sky on Friday.

Mouth watering tie between 20th place and 11th then, I’ll be rushing home for that…

2 Likes

I am already camped in front of the TV not wanting to miss any of the build up :laughing:

1 Like

EFL clubs are meeting at Bescot today to discuss among other things, the cost of living crisis and it’s impact on clubs.

1 Like

This world is depressing.

2 Likes

Interesting from the FGR chairman

1 Like

Yes Dan but I think FGR are just using cheap organic candles … :wink:

6 Likes

:joy::joy: more than likely!

It will get better in time mate we just have to ride it out, i would bet they were saying that during the first and second world wars :wink:

2 Likes

If using floodlights becomes more expensive the club needs to except that
3 oclock kick offs are very important for the social side of saturdays.Suck it up like we’re all having to do.Perhaps we should kick off at 5.30 am in May.

3 Likes

Looks like they decided not to jump on Mansfield’s bandwagon - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63081722

Common sense,well done for reading my above post and acting on it. :wink:

There’s a piece in todays Express & Star around this and says that another factor in making kick offs earlier is that if the away team has to travel a fair distance, they won’t want to be setting off very early morning then playing, which could force them into having to pay for an overnight stay, so then they won’t agree to moving the kick-off earlier anyway if it’s going to cost them.