Mansfield Town (H) 26th October, 3pm

I dont have an issue with Liddle. I do with Pomlett because hes bought nothing to Walsall fc. No investment. No guarantees of purchasing the freehold. Absolutely nothing.

Before I put my tin hat I didnt start the thread saying that. Did I

No? You slag him off at every opportunity.

2 Likes

Some of the other comments about him are horrible. I havent done that. Ive just made light of the fact that he isnt good enough. Clarke should do the right thing and take him out the firing line and stop him getting abuse on matchdays

To be fair @Gensanx123 it’s like he has babbied your sister and buggered off with another member of your family such is your hate for him :wink:

4 Likes

Your completey wrong actually I seriously question his ability as a footballer. But why would I hate him. The people who have said hes ‘stealing a living’ a ‘disgrace’ stuff like that. Those are the people that hate him

1 Like

I do not hate anyone. Lifes too short

1 Like

Ok maybe you are right he isnt a very good footballer at even this level :wink:

Yeah ive never been horrible to him said horrible words. Ive just made a bit of fun

1 Like

And Pomlett I dont hate him either. I just question what he brings to the table. Which is not a lot from what I can see

Anyone fancy us doing a Leicester to Mansfield’s Southampton? :crazy_face:

They’ve just scored 1 less than we’ve scored all season so far in the league in one match

One nil. I know, my predictions are bad, but sooner or later, one will be 100% correct.

Darrell Clarke on Andy Cook:

"Striker Andy Cook was Walsall’s top goalscorer when they were relegated from League One last season.

But after only spending a year at the club, he moved to Mansfield in the summer.

Despite coming up against former team-mates, Clarke says his players shouldn’t need any extra motivation heading into the fixture.

“He didn’t want to be at the club,” Clarke added.

“We know his strengths and his weaknesses.

“I’m sure he’ll be looking to get one over because by all accounts, the conversations I had with him, he got a bit of stick while he was here.

“That’s why he didn’t want to be here.

“We’ll have to deal with that and hopefully we can keep him quiet.

“They (the players) shouldn’t need the fire.

“There’s obviously a bit of history.

“A player that was top goalscorer in a relegated team, didn’t want to be here.

“There’ll probably be a bit of animosity with the fans towards him.

“I’m sure he won’t get too much of a welcome.

“He’ll handle that no doubt, he’s an experienced player.

“My job as manager, if he plays, is to try to keep him quiet and make sure he doesn’t make an impact.

“Which is tough, because on his day he’s a 20-goal goalscorer.”

And Cook himself is braced for a hostile reception on his return to the Black Country.

“Obviously my time at Walsall did not end the way I wanted it to end with relegation,” Cook said.

“Personally I scored 18 goals in all competitions, so I was quite happy with that.

“Some people see these games at old clubs differently, but I will just be treating it as another game.

“I want to go there and get the three points.

“Walsall had a big clear-out but I think there’s still a couple of players I know there.

“Nailed-on I will get some boos from the crowd.

"I got some abuse on Twitter when I left.

"Some of them liked me, but some of them didn’t.

“You get that everywhere – it’s part and parcel.”

A surprise 1-0 win.

O.G.

4,231 breaking the picket line leaving Arthur Scargill furious.

1 Like

2-1 home win.

Followed by a strangely quiet evening on UTS.

1 Like

Must be a chance this is off today with the constant rain we’ve had.

0-3 Cookie to score all three!

No announcement about a pitch inspection as far as I can see - so presumably they are happy they’ll be able to play the game even if it doesn’t stop?

Hopefully they’ll use common sense and call it off relatively early if there’s any doubts.

I think the pitch was re-laid in the Summer so hopefully it’s standing up to this barrage.

Don’t care about the result. Just need 2 or more goals for my acca.

1 Like