Maz Kouhyar Interview

I started my first day ther september 6th 1977, they hadn’t even built the Milestone pub, i was a young apprentice plumber and they put me with a lad called Shaun Coxhall, i was 17 and he was about 20, needless to say it just didn’t work out, he just couldn’t control my antics, and after about 6 months they put me with a Cecil Silvester Reid, a big black guy with a mop of hair that would shame Don Goodman :laughing:.
I was with him for 3 years, and although i fell off the rails a few times, he helped shape my future.

1 Like

And I’m sure that the people running club will be equally disappointed to hear this.

I think this could snowball if it isn’t handled right.

1 Like

I should hope so.

2 Likes

And here’s me thinking a big turnout at a funeral is always a sign of respect. I need to reconsider…

Depends if you have earned or deserved any, i have no doubt the other people that turned out did respect him, but that’s the problem sometimes people turn a blind eye.

2 Likes

Calling someone who is from a country that sponsors terrorism, a terrorist is definitely racist in my opinion.
It sounds like the situation was dealt with 'In house," no further action required.
He wasn’t a bad player, I think the bad injury has prevented him from signing with another club.
It’s a shame, he would have been decent in this league.

2 Likes

How? The club are denying all knowledge. And if it were no further action required then it’s a ■■■■■■■ terrible decision.

5 Likes

That seems a very odd thing to take away from that report.

2 Likes

Don’t think you can say his country sponsors terrorism. Most Afghans just want to live in peace. It’s only groups like the Taliban and Al Qaeda that want to commit acts of terror against others.

And given Maz felt he couldn’t report it at the time it sounds more like it was glossed over or ignored rather than being dealt with “in house” or at all.

7 Likes

Agree. All the club seems to have ‘dealt with’ so far is leaning on the E&S (who have shares in the club) to retract a story that mentions the incident.

7 Likes

Out of interest, what is it you are expecting the club to do at this precise moment in time ?

The article is now back online on the E&S site.

I think they’ve done pretty well with the extended statement featured in the E&S article that @saddla has just shared. Just hope that Maz takes up the club’s offer in regards to the issue and any solution is shared publicly.

1 Like

And an apology that he felt they were so unapproachable he couldn’t report being racially abused to them without being branded a trouble maker would be nice but I won’t hold my breath on that one.

To be honest bringing up Sansara and Benning is very “I can’t be racist, my friends are Asian”.

2 Likes

Someone at the club, unknown who it was at the time of the incident, knew what happened.
They decided not to report it to the hierarchy and keep it to themselves.
That’s the conclusion I drew from the article.

That, to me, is not dealt with on any level.

1 Like

Brushed under the carpet

And unfortunately that member of staff is/was representing the club and didn’t deal with it.

It’s worrying really, lets hope that member of staff is gone, wouldn’t like to think that any racism or bullying at WFC is just watched by staff and shrugged off.

3 Likes

Heard from a reliable source that the article was subject to a Press Association embargo and the E&S went too early, hence the article being taken down. If that’s the case I take back what I said in the previous post.

1 Like