Morecambe (H) - Sat 1st May, 3pm

Will say reading the prematch, and I’ve been one of Duttons biggest critics, how ■■■■■■■ refreshing it is for a manager of Walsall FC to acknowledge the fans are actually pretty special. Hearing his comments about the money fans have given back to the club at such a tough time (other fans are amazed at our season ticket retention this season) is such a welcome change of tact.

Not talking about siege mentalities.

Not taking a feel good moment like Northampton and immediately talking about how the fans will turn one day.

Not talking about how “ridiculous” they are for asking questions about player sales.

Not castigating them for not knowing the ins and outs of Danny Guthrie’s contract (details of which were never published) instead of focusing on a win.

Not making out our fans have ridiculous expectations and talking about the “reality” that mid table league two is where we are at.

Not asking them to back off.

To listen to our previous manager and to listen to the chairman at times, you’d be forgiven for thinking we have the worst set of fans in the football league. It’s refreshing to hear a manger talk about how actually, when it matters, they are a pretty special bunch.

2 Likes

4-3 now.

4-4 and counting

Bit like watching Walsall this season !

1 Like

8 goals it’s is like watching Walsall MOST of the season :rofl:

1 Like

Nothing like an exciting nil-nil to get the pulses racing!

(currently 32 shots in the harrogate v cambridge game with 16 on target … who wants to watch rubbish like that?)

1 Like

Noddy went to TP Riley in Bloxwich. My eldest sister was in the same year, so knew when he started lying about his age later on.
Apparently there was a bloke who used to go in the Butlers Arms in Leamore, and claimed to have been in the original group. His dad made him get a proper job.

1 Like

Ye my brother in law was in his class, Roy Brown, your sister will remember him, he lived on Somerfield lane in Bloxwich, he was in a band called The Redcaps and they did a record called Shout but only got to about no 60 in the charts, then Lulu did it and the rest is history :wink:

1 Like

5-4 now lol

Cambridge bottling it

Another of my many sisters was at Frank F with the bloke out of Sigue Sigue Sputnik. A sad claim to fame. (she also knew Migsa).

2 Likes

Their last game is home to grimsby… they need a point to be sure???

Looks that way - have a much better GD than their rivals.

Martin Degville ?

That’s the fella. I remember his hair, and the market stall he had.

1 Like

Lol ye and me they used to use sugar water to get it to stand up :laughing: they didn’t have the hair products they have now.

Difficult team selection for Dutton. He has to win if he has any chance of retaining his job. However, he wants to show that he’s the man to bring through the youth.
Also, Holden may be fit.

So, I’m expecting the same starting 11 as against Scunthorpe, who were by far the worst team we’ve played this season.
Holden on the bench and to come on in the 2nd half when we are behind.
Personally, I’d play Nolan rather than Wes, but I don’t actually expect Nolan to make the bench.
And regardless of the result we will bring on Bates, Willis, Leak and Roberts for the last 5 minutes so that we finish with 6 (Perry and Kinsella) of our own.

Seriously, think we will draw 2-2, scorers Gordon and Holden.

Martin Degville used to live with Boy George in Goodall Street at the top of the market.
Walsall has a rich musical heritage.

They weren’t bad were they?Eg “ Talking about you “.

1 Like

You lost me mate? :wink: oh ye just watched the video brilliant :laughing:

brother in law was is the one on the right, he left the band just as they made it, his stage fright got the better of him, he said he was on a bottle of brandy a day just to get him on stage, and if he had carried on he would have been dead at 30.
He carried on in another band called the guarantee just touring the local club circuit, and me and a mate used to roadie for them so we got in the venues for free :smile: