Think he said over the next 24 hours?

1 Like

Mansfield fans didn’t rate Rollin
Got to give him a chance

2 Likes

After the last two games, I don’t rate Rollin

7 Likes

FTFY

Decent defender. Will be on good money too. Dodgy injury record so a 6 month contract is very sensible, in my opinion.
Welcome to WFC Donervon & don’t even think of getting injured while you’re here…

1 Like

Love the quality journalism in the middle.of this piece!! :man_facepalming: :laughing:

“Daniels becomes Walsall’s second January signing after the arrival of Leyton Orient midfielder Otis Khan”

Do they know something we don’t?!! :thinking: :laughing:

2 Likes

According to what I’ve just looked into Labadie left a year before he arrived there but Daniels didn’t make a single appearance for the baggies.To be honest apart from Wigan where he played 44 games he hasn’t played much football for anyone else yes we all should give him a chance but it does make you wonder what our lot have seen in him and especially what all the phone call after phone calls were about when chasing him.

1 Like

My Rochdale supporting mate also said exactly the same thing. Said he could “do a job at League Two” although definitely not to play him at right-back. Which is probably what we’ll do.

These contracts are getting frustrating though

1 Like

Lost his playing partner hasn’t he.

1 Like

Well, if he does turn out to be awful then we’ll be happy that it’s only a 6-month deal. Personally, I am happy with this - we are desperate for new players and he does have a decent pedigree. Welcome, Donervon.

1 Like

Don’t know enough about this guy to rate him but it’s a position we needed cover for so happy with that.
I also don’t mind it’s a 6 month deal, whether we sign him on a 6 month deal and possibly lose him at the end of the season or sign him on an 18 month deal and possibly end up with a rubbish player it would be a risk either way.

1 Like

Weren’t the sloppies pleased to get rid of Bradshaw

4 Likes

Is this a top 7 budget player? …

1 Like

Feels like most of the signings in last 12 months, good pedigree on paper but reality is different on the pitch. Bit worried he hasn’t played much for Crewe who are right at bottom of league 1. As we all know 15/16 is a very long time ago now.

Hopefully can hit the ground running given the poverty options defensively.

1 Like

Makes sense to give him a deal to prove his fitness. Very different from the Khan scenario.

Good age and probably on Ash Taylor’s wages.

Won’t be cheap so not a good idea to offer him a long contract without motivation to earn a contract first.

2 Likes

Interested what happens when Monthe returns. Move to back 3 or perhaps Daniels will go to RB if he’s been playing there.

I think that this is a sensible deal with respect to it only being 6 months. January transfers notoriously are overpriced compared to the summer when clubs have a clear out. Its obvious that Monthe and Mayonaise are our first choice centre backs and this guy gives us decent cover until the end of the season. Hopefully he will be a better option than Ash Taylor.

I assume he can’t fill in at LB? So we still need a LB and CF as a minimum. Ideally also someone to replace Khan as well.

LP did say 2 or 3 players in by tomorrow so let’s see if he is true to his word :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Unless it’s Gascoigne shearer and sutton i a interested :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Weren’t we happy to get rid of Leahy, Devlin, Guthrie, Scarr, Clarke, Norman etc etc etc

3 Likes

Would imagine he’s the best Montserratian to ever play for us, so that’s a start :man_shrugging:

1 Like