Next Manager?

Ffs! Really like the guy, but there’s no way he will stop this rot now, he hasn’t the ability.

1 Like

They’ve done ok in the cup, but they’re poor in the league, 15th i think.

That is a pathetic interview. He initially puts some blame on the number of contracts “rolled over” then blames the defeat on poor balls being put into the box…that’ll be by the two players you signed, Jarvis and Ismail!!! He’s lost it.

3 Likes

What about the long contracts he’s just dished out

2 Likes

Lays the blame at the feet of the players, says that they had worked all week on exploiting Covs weaknesses. He lost it a while ago.

1 Like

It’s become ramblings of a completely lost man .

Completely untenable now .

7 Likes

Yes, absolutely. Norman and scarr spring to mind. It’s the life of a manager that some players will already be there on contact, your job is to work with them and mould them into a team. He’s spectacularly failed to do so and statements such as he’s just made will alienate players even further at a time when we need to pull together. He just has to go

1 Like

I don’t agree…season can be salvaged but we need keates out now before it gets any worse. We have some decent players but keates has lost the plot . Don’t think he can organise a team . man management seems very poor. ■■■■ back room staff he brought in. Experienced manager till the end of season who can get the team scraping for points.is what we need NOW.

4 Likes

I’m not sure it can be either but he’s doing untold damage to the club right now and, with that post match interview, proving himself to be entirely unsuited to the post. Nobody can do worse right now, to be honest. Some shape, some organisation and a settled team for 5-10 matches and maybe we have the slightest chance. With keates in charge, we have no chance at all.

3 Likes

Agree there are enough points left on the table

Dean Smith!

And that just about sums DK up…’Our plan today was to put balls into the box so Andy Cook can score’

Do you not think that Coventry might have figured that out before the game ( and the other 22 League 1 teams) Seriously this is ‘management by numbers’

According to e and s, Keates says he is still the right man for the job.

Rowett is on gardening leave but if he was to take the job, I would happily be his number two, kit man and sponge man. To be fair, some of the players need to be reminded how dreadful they are. Pick an eleven and stick with it (barring injuries and suspensions + form) until the end of the season.

We are talking League one so simple, clear instructions are necessary.

Michael Flynn is Newport born and bred. Getting Newport promoted from league 2 would be bigger pull than keeping Walsall in league 1 I reckon especially on similar budgets.

1 Like

We need Fireman Sam in @ 08:00 on Monday morning to sort this shower of s***e out

Sorry Dean, you tried, but we can’t afford the gamble on you any more

Alardyce won’t come cheap but its boom or bust time, get rid of all the rest of the "backroom staff " also to pay for it Davies, Ward, Oakes, Barnett, Hill & Haynes.

Thats 7 wages saved with DK,

Offer him £ 150,000 in brown envelope if he keeps us up, that might tempt him

Dare I say both players were signed just in case the worst happened. At this moment in time you’d say their ability level would be closer to league 2 than league 1.

No idea on Norman but Scarr played 20 odd times for Wycombe who were automatically promoted which suggests he should be o.k at that level at least.

Team simply didn’t sign quality league 1 players in the window, Oteh today looked as ineffective as Gordon and Ferrier have done since November and this was guy signed to spark life back into the forward line, guy with his first senior loan in league football, it’s madness.

Meanwhile Joe Mason has been released by Wolves and is a free agent. Turned down Plymouth last week so probably got wage demands far beyond what Walsall can provide but would ask the question at least.

2 Likes

Joe Mason is quality

Adam Chambers is contracted until the end of the season and has been watching this mess unfold.
We are down anyway so give him a chance until the end of the season and see where it takes us.
None if the names already mentioned would touch us with a barge poll.

3 Likes

Hope this is sarcastic :joy: