Next Walsall Manager Thread (Again)

Imagine patting yourself on the back over that :joy: crying about wind up merchants one minute, poking fun at fans that are fed up of being Let Down the next.

(PS that’s how you do it on context :wink:)

No. You must be positive all the time regardless of any evidence to the contrary. If you’re not you’re “ruining it for others” :joy:

2 Likes

How ironic from a bonsers number 1 fan

2 Likes

Most of it in this really silly childish post from yourself.

Shock horror fans have different opinions and some don’t trust the clubs decision making after the last 10 or so years of wrong decisions and constant slide down the divisions. Wake up :clap:

6 Likes

You’d think with 3 top 10 finishes in 16 years, and not been able to finish in the top half of League 2 in the last 4 years that we should all be over the moon and so optimistic :joy::joy::joy:

12 Likes

It’s the same every summer. I took a fair amount of flack (present company included :wink:) when Pomlett initially took over and it was sunshine and rainbows, yet I didn’t like what I heard coming out of the club at the time. But to be fair to you and others I could also see why there was a lot of positivity around, and eye rolling towards me.

But how anyone can attempt to poke fun at disillusioned, distrusting fans at the moment considering the context of the last 4 years and the decisions on the surface so far this summer (whilst whinging about wind up merchants btw) is crazy hypocritical, and beyond trolling.

Be positive if you want, but don’t be out of touch with reality and just expect others to be the same.

8 Likes

I cracked this past 12 months mate. I’m normally quite optimistic in pre season but not any more.

It’s up to the club to put it right - I hold zero hope, unless there’s major recruitment and personnel changes.

7 Likes

I think that’s the stage I was at post relegation and why some think I’m just a negative troll. When Pomlett came in I was already at the “show don’t tell” stage because as far as I was concerned he was one of the people part of the regime responsible for the shite we found ourselves in anyway. And last season it was made abundantly clear he still had major influence within the club, paired with a complete wild card in Boycott.

I pay (an increased) price to watch this club every other Saturday and spend a fair amount of fuel and travel money to watch this club 5/6 times a season away. At some point you feel like you’re being ripped off for your outlay. Especially when the seasons dead by February save a relegation battle.

They’ve burnt their goodwill. Again. Just like they did after Northampton 4 years ago.

2 Likes

Fortunately, I have notifications blocked on WFHYS, so I don’t get to see what is said on there unless I go and look, which I don’t.

But yeah other Walsall pages and sites on Facebook, including anything the official site put’s out pretty much end up going down that route with fans calling out fans as part of the problem and all kinds of other nonsense I don’t agree with at all.

I saw the other day it happening on the Trusts Facebook page where one of the committee was doing a similar thing, a bit like “my opinion is superior to yours.” And before anyone says, I don’t have any agenda against the Trust at all I never have. I just don’t understand that way of thinking.

I’ve called it out and been told not to take it personally, well… many generations of my family have been Walsall “fans” and about 95% of my friends are. I don’t know why it triggers me so much but it does.

2 Likes

Anyone trying to tell other people off for lambasting the post Pomlett era absolutely stupid and really is so unintelligent. It’s been an absolute disaster. Trivela. Not quite a disaster yet… But signs are pretty bad for it going tits up in my view

It wouldn’t surprise me if you’re the most muted poster on UTS, the amount of absolute tat you come out with. Absolute Bonser lickspittle troll. No, I don’t need to justify what I said. You never have,

11 Likes

If everyone ignored him, he would go away.

7 Likes

Since I muted him the site has become easier to read.

1 Like

nowhere near as ridiculous as Billy Bescot

1 Like

Without wishing to stirrup any controversy, based on his ball control Hayden White may have similar feet to young Sandy.

1 Like

I don’t think it has been a disaster at all. A lot of what Pomlett has done is quite rational. The appointment of Clarke, Taylor and Flynn all seemed, logical, sensible appointments at the time, and most of us agreed with them. And getting the freehold sorted - just like he said he would. So, what could he have done differently?

4 Likes

Finishes of 19th 16th and 16th in the last 3 years acceptable?. To some yes. To me no

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Pomlett also managed the club through Covid so has to take some credit that we still have a club to talk about

4 Likes